Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:
gooner2 said:
I think it because you such a open team under your new manager. Great going forward but without kompany weak at the back. So don,t blame you for feeing like that.

We are weak mentally too at the moment.

Bit harsh on your team as you did beat united 4-1. But your right that away from home, your defending has been pretty bad to say the least. Your lucky chelsea don,t have a world class forward in the mould of the everton striker. Easier to face torres or eto or ba then him.

Still see this as a bore draw but i might be wrong.

I think rather than harsh we need to accept and try and fix the issues in our team. We have looked good in some away fixtures, dominant even but have then suddenly fell apart and looked very disorganised ! Is this a mental issue creeping in ? We need to address why we struggle to last in the majority of away games when we can all agree with have the players and talent and depth to do it. I don't mean to sound harsh I just want that confident stylish unervous city back.

bobmcfc said:
gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:

Bit harsh on your team as you did beat united 4-1. But your right that away from home, your defending has been pretty bad to say the least. Your lucky chelsea don,t have a world class forward in the mould of the everton striker. Easier to face torres or eto or ba then him.

I think rather than harsh we need to accept and try and fix the issues in our team. We have looked good in some away fixtures, dominant even but have then suddenly fell apart and looked very disorganised ! Is this a mental issue creeping in ? We need to address why we struggle to last in the majority of away games when we can all agree with have the players and talent and depth to do it. I don't mean to sound harsh I just want that confident stylish unervous city back.
That will come with a settled back 4.

A win today is a real statement and if we get all the three points, I think it will be a two horse race between us and the Gunners.

The away form is improving slowly but surely and Chelsea haven't really caused us any troubles apart from that rainy night in London when the ref helped Chelsea to three points.

The defence is worrying but I am fairly confident that we will score at least two goals, hopefully that should be enough.

Still tremendous negativity on here! All I can say is they had to be mentally strong to win in Moskow in harsher conditions!

Marvin said:
bobmcfc said:
gooner2 said:

That will come with a settled back 4.

I hope you are right

bobmcfc said:
gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:

I think big issue you have is that you don,t work hard enough of the ball and don,t defend well enough as a team. If you did both these things you be unbeatable as you have fantastic attacking options. But you need to work harder as a team away from home at the back.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 am --<br /><br />
noirish said:
A win today is a real statement and if we get all the three points, I think it will be a two horse race between us and the Gunners.

The away form is improving slowly but surely and Chelsea haven't really caused us any troubles apart from that rainy night in London when the ref helped Chelsea to three points.

The defence is worrying but I am fairly confident that we will score at least two goals, hopefully that should be enough.

I think you play better football then chelsea but they have the better defence. A win for either one of you would be massive as both of you have decent set of fixtures after this. Still think draw for either of you is not that bad. Loss means your six points behind us which is not good for you.

bobmcfc said:
gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:

It's because we've sacrificed defensive solidity for that attacking flair, and this is exacerbated by our defensive injuries.

gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:
First time in a long time I don't feel confident about this fixture. Then again I haven't felt confident going into any game this season. Feels like the "seat of your pants" city of old

I think it because you such a open team under your new manager. Great going forward but without kompany weak at the back. So don,t blame you for feeing like that.

-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:19 am --

stonie said:
Drewmanc said:
As said previously - if Mourinho turns this into a physical defensive encounter I think we'll do em, we have much more power in our team than they do in theirs. If they counter us on a fast break with Javi at the back I do fear we'll be in for a rough time.

We will not win this game with Garcia playing...

I be amazed if garcia is playing at center back after the way he played at cska,

Come on be Honest. You're hoping for a draw. 2 points off both rivals. Im going 7 - 5 to City ;-)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:
First time in a long time I don't feel confident about this fixture. Then again I haven't felt confident going into any game this season. Feels like the "seat of your pants" city of old

-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:19 am --

stonie said:
We will not win this game with Garcia playing...

I be amazed if garcia is playing at center back after the way he played at cska,

Come on be Honest. You're hoping for a draw. 2 points off both rivals. Im going 7 - 5 to City ;-)

Of course i want a draw. We then be five clear of city and four ahead of chelsea. Though we do have two tough games vs liverpool and united to come which we might not win both. If we win both of those then our rivals should worry.

Albi10 said:
Still tremendous negativity on here! All I can say is they had to be mentally strong to win in Moskow in harsher conditions!

Spot on. At least we should have a decent pitch to play on. Just hope the storm stays away till later on.

-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:50 am --

gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:
gooner2 said:

One thing we are not this season is boring. You Cheeky fucker.
Sorry forgot the ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.