Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castiel said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Not particularly. We've got a few advantages this time. I trust Mourinho to get the tactics right, we're at home, you've just gone to Russia and back, and we had a walk in the park at Schalke. If Kompany really is out then that's another major blow. I don't think we'll lose, but a draw is better for you than for us. All that worries me is fucking Yaya Toure!
I think this game could be as significant as the Derby at our place last season. So I'd take a draw to be honest (unless Kompany plays).

Castiel said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Still have a hunch Vinny will play and Pellers has pulled a fast one.

Komps has trained fully for the last week and was one of the reasons he was kept behind from the Russia trip.

There's no footage of the team training on Inside City this weekend and games of this standing require keeping your opponents guessing.

Sure, the manager could have said Vinny was only 50/50, but by stating a player of such importance is definitely out...

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised, and it's not a game Vinny will want to miss out on, even risking a relapse, with very winnable games coming up.

Vinny plays, we win.
I always thought that managers give injury information for betting purposes. I've never heard of a manager saying a player is definitely out, only for him to play. Usually they say he's a "doubt", which gives them wiggle room.

Anyway hopefully we'll have a good game today. I'd wish you luck but I do that every year and we always lose. Maybe I'm a good luck charm for City!

Seriously?

Ferguson repeatedly used this ploy against us. The other year, he insisted he had half a team out, yet they all played (and still lost)

What about Rooney when he damaged his ankle at Bayern a couple years back? Said had no chance, open training session for the press a few days later.

Hey Presto, Rooney plays against Bayern (and they still lost thanks to Robben on away goals)

Pellegrini owes the opposition nothing. I'm certainly not going to think what a lying sod he is if Vincent raises from the dead Lazarus-like (as long as we don't lose!)

We could put on a clinic today, or we could be sent straight to casualty, it's all about what City do in the key moment.

Take our chances and defend properly from set-pieces.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Castiel said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Komps has trained fully for the last week and was one of the reasons he was kept behind from the Russia trip.

There's no footage of the team training on Inside City this weekend and games of this standing require keeping your opponents guessing.

Sure, the manager could have said Vinny was only 50/50, but by stating a player of such importance is definitely out...

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised, and it's not a game Vinny will want to miss out on, even risking a relapse, with very winnable games coming up.

Vinny plays, we win.
I always thought that managers give injury information for betting purposes. I've never heard of a manager saying a player is definitely out, only for him to play. Usually they say he's a "doubt", which gives them wiggle room.

Anyway hopefully we'll have a good game today. I'd wish you luck but I do that every year and we always lose. Maybe I'm a good luck charm for City!

Seriously?

Ferguson repeatedly used this ploy against us. The other year, he insisted he had half a team out, yet they all played (and still lost)

What about Rooney when he damaged his ankle at Bayern a couple years back? Said had no chance, open training session for the press a few days later.

Hey Presto, Rooney plays against Bayern (and they still lost thanks to Robben on away goals)

Pellegrini owes the opposition nothing. I'm certainly not going to think what a lying sod he is if Vincent raises from the dead Lazarus-like (as long as we don't lose!)

We could put on a clinic today, or we could be sent straight to casualty, it's all about what City do in the key moment.

Take our chances and defend properly from set-pieces.

There is a bloke who comes on Talksport early in the week and gives injury updates on players and he said that Kompany would be fit to play ?

Castiel said:
Not particularly. We've got a few advantages this time. I trust Mourinho to get the tactics right, we're at home, you've just gone to Russia and back, and we had a walk in the park at Schalke. If Kompany really is out then that's another major blow. I don't think we'll lose, but a draw is better for you than for us. All that worries me is fucking Yaya Toure!
I'm sure he's heterosexual! It's also a matchday so I don't think he'll have any spare time for extra marital shenanigans! ;-)

Castiel said:
I think this game could be as significant as the Derby at our place last season. So I'd take a draw to be honest (unless Kompany plays).

Pellegrini's already said Kompany WON'T make the Chelsea game .....

I've always hated this fixture and I always think we'll lose in the days leading up to it. Today's no different!!

Like 99% of games these days, it depends on how city play, there's only 3 teams in the world that can beat us when we're playing at 100%, unfortunately that's a rare occasion.

black mamba said:
Castiel said:

Pellegrini's already said Kompany WON'T make the Chelsea game .....
I know what he said.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
stonerblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Vinny plays, we win.

I also have that sneaky feeling. Would be great to see Vinny stepping out.

Can't see it myself. As for sneaky feeling , is that another name for utter hope.

A football supporter with hope. Who'd have thought it eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.