Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

If we drop a £350K a week, 5 year contract on Sterling soon we are in trouble. All good things come to an end and he’s been in a steady decline all season.
There should be some exits to make way for fresh faces this summer and him and Mendy should be first in the queue.
I can’t quite understand how a 26 year old, seasoned professional, England international, can drop that performance in a semi final. It’s borderline criminal.

Disagree with you on the last point - FA Cup is the bigger competition - Pep should be prioritising this game, then rotate the Villa squad.

Better to lose a semi final than a cup final and to twat spurs at wembley will be fantastic

Though I agree villoh should have been the game to rotate

Front three of Sterling, Jesus and Torres were dreadful, never looked like creating or scoring
Don’t forget the midfield employing the double pivot which has worked well for us every time it has been used… Not! Plus, Cancelo only works when he is floating around in midfield.
Then there’s the defence with Mendy in it. Always guaranteed to roll out the red carpet to the opposition down our left! Going forward, although mostly sideways, results in wild crossing at best.
I dread to think how much money is on that pitch and what they get paid every week, but seriously it was woeful.

Sterling although terribly off form has offered us plenty in the past but I'm afraid Mendy offers us absolutely nothing and never has.

Absolutely appalling performance. Cancelo shite again, Sterling shite again, Jesus everywhere but in the box where he should be, except when he’s fouling or offside, shite again, Torres shite again, offered nothing, Mendy not as shite as those mentioned but not good. Rodri bang average, Kev not at it and now injured. Steffen dodgy throughout the game.
Mahrez & Bernardo on the bench when it was obvious we needed some guile to break Chelsea down. We only looked decent when Foden & Gundo came on, but there was nothing upfront for them, too easy for Chelsea’s defence. Who said we don’t need a striker, ridiculous statement. So angry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.