Chelsea game moved to 21st march

Re: The Chelsea game?

The Fat el Hombre said:
coops said:
Got to be the 21st but could be the 2nd May between Rags and Geordies what a week that would be!!

Highly likely to cost us the title

Thats the city spirit!!! Or it could be the biggest and best week of any city fans life! Give me two home games v chelsea and rags now to win the league and i would snatched ur hand off!! We can beat ANYONE at The Etihad

coops said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
coops said:
Got to be the 21st but could be the 2nd May between Rags and Geordies what a week that would be!!

Highly likely to cost us the title

Thats the city spirit!!! Or it could be the biggest and best week of any city fans life! Give me two home games v chelsea and rags now to win the league and i would snatched ur hand off!! We can beat ANYONE at The Etihad

We're almost at the stage when we expect to beat anyone and home, at least on a level playing field, which 3 games like that certainly isn't. It might be the best week of our lives but its far, far more likely to be one of the worst. Id rather we were just given a fair chance at winning it than being put at a massive disadvantage on the off chance that it could make a very special title win slightly more special

All of the other teams still in he FA Cup and playing that weekend of 17th/18th March are also playing on the Wednesday (21st).

Sat 17th
Everton v Sunderland
Stevenage/Tottenham v Bolton

Sun 18 Mar 14:05
Liverpool v Stoke

then...

Tue 20 Mar
Aston Villa v Bolton
Blackburn v Sunderland

Wed 21 Mar
Tottenham v Stoke
Everton v Arsenal
QPR v Liverpool

So For me there is no reason why Chelsea can't play us on the Wednesday

Another day that I've had to rota out from work cancelled! Cheers sky for being well organised enough to not bother letting us know when the game would be played if Chelsea went through!!! It make it really easy for the fans to make arrangements for days off/travel etc with the short notice approach. Not.
Pretty sure me and the wife won't be able to make that game now. Always feel seen off when that happens.

robsta said:
All of the other teams still in he FA Cup and playing that weekend of 17th/18th March are also playing on the Wednesday (21st).

Sat 17th
Everton v Sunderland
Stevenage/Tottenham v Bolton

Sun 18 Mar 14:05
Liverpool v Stoke

then...

Tue 20 Mar
Aston Villa v Bolton
Blackburn v Sunderland

Wed 21 Mar
Tottenham v Stoke
Everton v Arsenal
QPR v Liverpool

So For me there is no reason why Chelsea can't play us on the Wednesday

Are any of them weds 21st games on skysports?

Just looked there is no games on ss that night so should be ok for that night.

Chelsea kick of early on Sat 24th v Spurs, switching our game to the Tuesday would give them longer to recover.

Their cup game should be scheduled for Saturday 17th and not the Sunday.

I think with this news we will now play our strongest side in the home leg against Lisbon.

No one has mentioned what dates Chelsea would be / not be available to play us if they remain in the Champions League. Is the 21st OK for them?

Also, do anymore of our games and the rags games have the potential to be postponed as they clash with FA Cup dates?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
No one has mentioned what dates Chelsea would be / not be available to play us if they remain in the Champions League. Is the 21st OK for them?

Also, do anymore of our games and the rags games have the potential to be postponed as they clash with FA Cup dates?

Yes, there is no way they would be expected to play a CL game 2 days after a league game, so that midweek is free for them. There really isnt another alternative, except the last week of the season one. Anybody who wants that is absolutely mad.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:

FA Cup Semi is the weekend we play Norwich and they're out. On the Final weekend we're at Newcastle and they're out.

Rags play Villa and Swansea on the corresponding weeks and both are out of the Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.