Chelsea game moved to 21st march

Re: The Chelsea game?

So this means we're going to be a point behind United come Sunday week (Albeit with a game in hand)

coops said:
Got to be the 21st but could be the 2nd May between Rags and Geordies what a week that would be!!

They should leave 2 May free in case Chelsea get through to the FA Cup semi final and maybe the final. That's two extra midweeks Chelsea could have to play, and they might still be in the CL too (they may not, as well, of course). The only sensible course would be to play our game on the Wednesday (21 March), or else there could be absolute fixture chaos later in the season if we stay in the Europa League.

I know that we can't always expect the football authorities to do 'sensible', but it really has to be 21 March, doesn't it?

robsta said:
All of the other teams still in he FA Cup and playing that weekend of 17th/18th March are also playing on the Wednesday (21st).

Sat 17th
Everton v Sunderland
Stevenage/Tottenham v Bolton

Sun 18 Mar 14:05
Liverpool v Stoke

then...

Tue 20 Mar
Aston Villa v Bolton
Blackburn v Sunderland

Wed 21 Mar
Tottenham v Stoke
Everton v Arsenal
QPR v Liverpool

So For me there is no reason why Chelsea can't play us on the Wednesday

Must continue and play the match Monday night

city 'til i cry said:
Chelsea kick of early on Sat 24th v Spurs, switching our game to the Tuesday would give them longer to recover.

Their cup game should be scheduled for Saturday 17th and not the Sunday.

It's the Sunday because it's on ESPN. I'm presuming we'll play them on the following Wednesday and hope for clarification asap!

Gstack166 said:
So this means we're going to be a point behind United come Sunday week (Albeit with a game in hand)

Assuming we win at Swansea and the Rags win their 2 games that would have been the case anyway.

Im driving to Swansea, could do with a couple of passengers to try splitting the cost of petrol. If anyone needs a lift please call mike on ***********

The Fat el Hombre said:
coops said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Highly likely to cost us the title

Thats the city spirit!!! Or it could be the biggest and best week of any city fans life! Give me two home games v chelsea and rags now to win the league and i would snatched ur hand off!! We can beat ANYONE at The Etihad

We're almost at the stage when we expect to beat anyone and home, at least on a level playing field, which 3 games like that certainly isn't. It might be the best week of our lives but its far, far more likely to be one of the worst. Id rather we were just given a fair chance at winning it than being put at a massive disadvantage on the off chance that it could make a very special title win slightly more special

Spot on.

Why anyone would want to make winning the title even fucking harder is beyond me.

Agreeing with you makes me feel like a real man and that's a rare occurrence.

Totally agree that we need to get this game out of the way ASAP. The Sky Monday night date of 19th March meant we were playing catch-up with United with regards to that particular round of fixtures anyway but the last thing we need is it being knocked back until May. There's no reason why this shouldn't be played on Wednesday 21st March, just a couple of days after the original Sky date. To play it on or around May 2nd/3rd - sandwiched in between matches at home against United and away at Newcastle, not to mention a week after a possible Europa League semi-final second leg and a week before a possible Europa League final appearance, would be bordering on suicide.

M18CTID said:
Totally agree that we need to get this game out of the way ASAP. The Sky Monday night date of 19th March meant we were playing catch-up with United with regards to that particular round of fixtures anyway but the last thing we need is it being knocked back until May. There's no reason why this shouldn't be played on Wednesday 21st March, just a couple of days after the original Sky date. To play it on or around May 2nd/3rd - sandwiched in between matches at home against United and away at Newcastle, not to mention a week after a possible Europa League semi-final second leg and a week before a possible Europa League final appearance, would be bordering on suicide.

Spot on.
I know that Sky seem to dictate these things to a certain degree but surely Clubs have the right to some say in the matter. My only fear is that it might suit Chelsea not to play us until the dust has settled over the AVB sacking. This could be a 'get out of jail card for them' at the moment. If they won't agree to changing it to Weds 21/3 then that could influence things, although logically I don't see why it should.

In reality the PL & Sky should be taking the sensible option and telling both Clubs that as the 19/3 is no longer viable but the 21/3 is, then that's the new date.

Otherwise, having been top of the table for so long it would be a sickener if we were to have to play catch-up until the end of April (or even into May). A slip up at Arsenal could then hand the psychological advantage over to the Rags. That's what worries me.

It's better for us to play this match asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.