Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup | Post-Match Thread

Much more like it from Jack, driving inside, towards goal.

Ortega and Alvarez also excellent.

Hate that Gundo and Rodri combo, gets caught wrong side of the ball after every breakdown.

Not helped, admittedly, by the half-arsed attempts from Mahrez to get back in and help out Rico.

Mahrez gets away with murder on nights like that.

He only wants to know when it's a free-kick or brilliantly showcasing his party piece to take the ball out the air on a crossfield pass.

It catches the eye, but he's a fundamental issue for our midfield every time he plays.

Mahrez has the best first touch of any city player I’ve ever seen and I can’t think of any non city players whose is better either, certainly not that I’ve seen live anyway.
Ye he's got the best 1st touch of anybody I've seen live also and that includes Messi. It's not like he does it as a 1 off either he does it every single game and sometimes more than once.

Great game and some brilliant performances, loved watching the kids play.

It's great being a blue :)

Just seen the highlights and to be fair some of those saves from Ortega were very, very good. Never seen the lad live so not sure about his distribution. On MOTD the other night they showed a pass out by Ederson (just a regular chip out by him to a player around 40 yards away) when a Fulham player was closing him down, even Lineker was waxing on about it. So, has Ortega got that in his arsenal?
Ortega has a pass in him, he's not too bad with his feet, not got the laser guided pick out Eddie has but he's alright.
His saves last night was 10 out of 10.

Ortega has a pass in him, he's not too bad with his feet, not got the laser guided pick out Eddie has but he's alright.
His saves last night was 10 out of 10.

On last night's performance, he's arguably a better package than Ederson if you combine his competent distribution and excellent shot stopping?

At least he's better than that clown Steffen, who cost us trophies.

Just seen the highlights and to be fair some of those saves from Ortega were very, very good. Never seen the lad live so not sure about his distribution. On MOTD the other night they showed a pass out by Ederson (just a regular chip out by him to a player around 40 yards away) when a Fulham player was closing him down, even Lineker was waxing on about it. So, has Ortega got that in his arsenal?

There isn't a keeper in the world who's got that. Ed is as much of a freak in his way as Erling Håland. Good to have two freaks at back and front.

On last night's performance, he's arguably a better package than Ederson if you combine his competent distribution and excellent shot stopping?

I still have sleepless nights thinking about Steffen in that semi final.

I don't think Ortega has joined us to make the numbers up, he's serious competition for Eddie and after last night it wouldn't surprise me if he started on Saturday.

I think he was the main reason we won last night. You have to go back to Joe to remember so many truly goal saving saves. Overall great result for us but in general iffy performance (with the exception of Ortega). We were vulnerable on each flank.

I still have sleepless nights thinking about Steffen in that semi final.

I don't think Ortega has joined us to make the numbers up, he's serious competition for Eddie and after last night it wouldn't surprise me if he started on Saturday.

Steffen cost us in both semi finals against Liverpool and Chelsea.

Eddie finally has someone breathing down his neck and providing proper competition.

Ortega seems a cool customer and he is also very good coming to collect from set pieces.

I think he was the main reason we won last night. You have to go back to Joe to remember so many truly goal saving saves. Overall great result for us but in general iffy performance (with the exception of Ortega). We were vulnerable on each flank.

Correct, he was the biggest reason.

Rico and Gomez were rinsed on either side, both only look comfortable playing high and don't have sufficient protection when they do, with Jack and Mahrez half-arsed efforts to cover.

Neither of those two bust a gut and anger the shit out of me when it comes to just sticking out a token leg to stop the cross.

Ortega did flap on their offside goal, which could have been embarrassing, but if he can also save penalties, then Eddie has a real fight on his hands.

Correct, he was the biggest reason.

Rico and Gomez were rinsed on either side, both only look comfortable playing high and don't have sufficient protection when they do, with Jack and Mahrez half-arsed efforts to cover.

Neither of those two bust a gut and anger the shit out of me when it comes to just sticking out a token leg to stop the cross.

Ortega did flap on their offside goal, which could have been embarrassing, but if he can also save penalties, then Eddie has a real fight on his hands.
Yes, that was an epic flap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.