Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup | Post-Match Thread

Really enjoyable game,and a result i didn't really expect on seeing the changes/line up.

I thought Ortega was rightly MOTM,as he kept us in the comp especially late on after the bizarre substitution of Laporte which made life more difficult for us.I was very surprised Ake did not replace the defensively shakey Gomez.

Grealish was superb,the shackles were clearly taken off.

Great to see Philips back,as rusty as he was.

Palmer showed he has a bit of grit to match his emerging talent.

Wonderful to see Lewis again display a maturity and quality beyond his years,obviously he was caught out occasionally but amazing experience.

Alvarez continues to establish himself as a fan favourite.

And a very nice reception for Sterling,who showed why he no longer wears our shirt.

All in all,a wonderful evening and i'm fairly sure our name is back of this trophy!

Not our best game. Not our best team.
But fine win. With Chelsea at nearly full strength for last 20 minutes.

No Chelsea. No Arsenal. No Spurs.

Just seen the highlights and to be fair some of those saves from Ortega were very, very good. Never seen the lad live so not sure about his distribution. On MOTD the other night they showed a pass out by Ederson (just a regular chip out by him to a player around 40 yards away) when a Fulham player was closing him down, even Lineker was waxing on about it. So, has Ortega got that in his arsenal?

Just seen the highlights and to be fair some of those saves from Ortega were very, very good. Never seen the lad live so not sure about his distribution. On MOTD the other night they showed a pass out by Ederson (just a regular chip out by him to a player around 40 yards away) when a Fulham player was closing him down, even Lineker was waxing on about it. So, has Ortega got that in his arsenal?
Unfortunately not. Absolutely brilliant shot stopper tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.