Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup - Wed 9th Nov, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Carabao but not too bothered this season with the insane fixture pile-up. Would love to see Lewis and Palmer start.

Interesting one for Chelsea. Way more important game at the weekend for them but can’t imagine that manager could be in a position a few weeks in to sack off a competition. Like other posters have said, they’ve a pretty large squad to choose from.

There was a good interview with kalvin Phillips on bbc 5live earlier on, he seemed to drop a bollock about playing against Chelsea... Later changed that to pep has promised him some minutes, says his shoulder seems sorted now as had a few falls on it in training and no adverse effects. Expect to see him get some minutes at weekend as well if he comes through midweek unscathed.

Pep and his management team seem very focussed on not overloading players. I trust he will rest the ones that need it, knowing some players thrive by playing twice a week.

With the WC in between its a new situation for all clubs.

I expect the usual rotation and probably a start for one or two young guns. What Chelsea does I don’t give a rats arse.

If we win, great. If we get knocked out it might serve us later on. But for me it’s too early to get knocked out. And I hate losing vs one of the former so called top 4.

Would be a decent game to win considering it would give us some competitive action prior to the league restarting.

Wouldn't mind dropping out of the competition after that stage though to avoid the January fixture congestion

I'd like to see this team:

Ortega

Lewis
Akanji
Dias
Gomez

Gundogan
Grealish
Foden

Mahrez
Haaland
Palmer

Which would leave this team free for the game on the weekend:

Ederson

Cancelo
Stones
Laporte
Ake

Rodri
KDB
Silva

Alvarez
Haaland
Foden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.