Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup - Wed 9th Nov, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we beat Chelsea, the next round is days after the World Cup final just before Leeds away, if we get through that, next round would be in a 4 game, 10 day stretch between Chelsea away and United away, plus FA cup. Then 2 legged semi.

Personally I hope we put our second string players in. I think we stand better chance of success in the bigger trophies if we give this one a very low priority.
Completely agree

All things equal, we would win this, but there are other factors in play. Chelsea are poor, but might see this as their best chance of a trophy, Pep wants to win everything but wants to be in touch before the World Cup break, and maybe realises an unwelcome fixture right after the World Cup could make it difficult to progress next round. A real conundrum as to whether I want us to win

Imo, Pep will play a strong team. If we win and have difficult games around the next cup game, Pep will make many changes then. No need to throw the towel just yet.

All things equal, we would win this, but there are other factors in play. Chelsea are poor, but might see this as their best chance of a trophy, Pep wants to win everything but wants to be in touch before the World Cup break, and maybe realises an unwelcome fixture right after the World Cup could make it difficult to progress next round. A real conundrum as to whether I want us to win
I’m sure Pep wants to win and will always believe that we have the squad to do it. I think he will rest KDB, Ederson Bernardo and Rodri but other than them and Cancelo being out, it will be a decent side. It might involve a few players being out of position but on the whole it will be relatively strong and I think Haaland and Foden will play.

I’m sure Pep wants to win and will always believe that we have the squad to do it. I think he will rest KDB, Ederson Bernardo and Rodri but other than them and Cancelo being out, it will be a decent side. It might involve a few players being out of position but on the whole it will be relatively strong and I think Haaland and Foden will play.
At least one of Bernardo/kdb/Rodri will start

Ortega
Lewis Akanji Dias Gomez
Palmer Gundo Foden Grealish
Alvarez Haaland

I think Haaland will play some part and continue to get back to full fitness before playing for Norway in their friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.