Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup - Wed 9th Nov, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just discovered the 4th round is played the week commencing 19th December, there's a very real chance most of our squad won't even be here! What a farce.

Changes my opinion on tomorrow entirely. I say fuck it, do a pellegrini and play the entire eds side tomorrow with the likes of ortega, Palmer, Lewis, jwe, gomez and Phillips for the second half thrown in as "seniors" Rest everybody in contention to start Saturday.

I've only just discovered the 4th round is played the week commencing 19th December, there's a very real chance most of our squad won't even be here! What a farce.

Changes my opinion on tomorrow entirely. I say fuck it, do a pellegrini and play the entire eds side tomorrow with the likes of ortega, Palmer, Lewis, jwe, gomez and Phillips for the second half thrown in as "seniors" Rest everybody in contention to start Saturday.
Could be a good warm up match for the players who won’t have played in 6 weeks.

Could be a good warm up match for the players who won’t have played in 6 weeks.
True but there's very few of those in the squad, Haaland, mahrez and gomez the only 3 that would have a shot at starting against Leeds that aren't going to the world cup if they're fit and there's few players we anticipate not being in the latter stages.

We don't know how city and Pep are planning on handling it but Pep notoriously likes to ensure the players get ample rest post season even when it means they return to pre-season less than a week before the league starts. I'd suggest he's going to want to give them all as much recovery time as possible after the world cup, a game before an already stupidly early return isn't good.

What makes you think he went back and signed It? The person with the shirt walks away. Is that just an attempt at defending him?
No idea, just thought I remember reading it, why would I want to defend him any more than I'd want to attack him. He's an ex player that served us well and played his part in trophies and deserves respect for that, then moved on like lots of others.

Hearing Haaland wont be playing.

I didn't expect him to anyway tbh.

Still not over the Foot injury.No Bones broken,but damaged Ligaments.

World Cup brake coming at a good time for us......until others get injured and bolloxed playing in it :-(

True but there's very few of those in the squad, Haaland, mahrez and gomez the only 3 that would have a shot at starting against Leeds that aren't going to the world cup if they're fit and there's few players we anticipate not being in the latter stages.

We don't know how city and Pep are planning on handling it but Pep notoriously likes to ensure the players get ample rest post season even when it means they return to pre-season less than a week before the league starts. I'd suggest he's going to want to give them all as much recovery time as possible after the world cup, a game before an already stupidly early return isn't good.
True, but the players from countries knocked out will be back with clubs and a fair few of our players will go and not get loads of minutes.

Ederson, Walker (potentially), Akanji (assuming they don’t progress very far), Ake, Rodri, Phillips, Foden (potentially), Grealish, Mahrez, Haaland, Alvarez all May not got loads of minutes.

Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Laporte, Bernardo, Gundogan are the ones that will be played all the time if fit.

True, but the players from countries knocked out will be back with clubs and a fair few of our players will go and not get loads of minutes.

Ederson, Walker (potentially), Akanji (assuming they don’t progress very far), Ake, Rodri, Phillips, Foden (potentially), Grealish, Mahrez, Haaland, Alvarez all May not got loads of minutes.

Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Laporte, Bernardo, Gundogan are the ones that will be played all the time if fit.
Providing we beat the chavs we could draw the scum and play the cleaning staff

I think he will get a mixed reception, I don't think people like how he refused to sign that City shirt it was disrespectful.

My opinion on him is he's useless & has taken Chelsea backwards, he offers absolutely nothing.

I think he'll get a decent reception. He was on a pre-season tour with Chelsea in America having just joined them and probably didn't want to rock the boat with Chelsea fans by signing City shirts.

He won a lot with us, scored a lot of goals and made us a good amount of money from the sale. His form at Chelsea is much like his form with us over the 18months before he left, only he doesn't get the three good chances a game to try bury. Against Arsenal he was invisible. Not showing for the ball in behind, not talented enough to do much with it when receiving it deeper. He's a limited player who Pep took to a new level, he was just too egotistical to see that - and that's not me digging him out, that's part of what made him the success he was. I'm not sure if he's lost pace over time, but that felt like a big part of his game initially with City. He just doesn't have it anymore. Whether running in behind or with the ball, he's rarely quick enough to get away from the defender.

Ultimately I'll clap him. I'm happy he got his move. We've not missed him and although I thought we might, what he's shown at Chelsea makes it clear to every blue that he wasn't good enough for us anymore. In Borges, we've a young player who has buckets of pace and more composure in front of goal, if we want someone with Sterling's attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.