Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Interesting to see not many rating Palmer but I thought he did pretty well and showed some good skill. I felt it was his most confident performance for a while. didn't have my glasses on so I may have missed some of the subtleties from the third tier though.
Mahrez obviously scored the two but I also felt he was pretty good at all the dirty stuff he normally gets slated for not doing so made my player of the match. It felt to me like we were taking the Mick a little. Lots of little flicks and tricks going off around the pitch

I’m one who’s been saying Palmer could be as effective as Foden. He played like he was frightened to make a mistake.
I think palmer has everything to be world class and really cement a place in this side. I know he had an injury last season and that has set him back but I really want him to have a go. Get in the thick of it and be the stand out performer.

Interesting to see not many rating Palmer but I thought he did pretty well and showed some good skill. I felt it was his most confident performance for a while. didn't have my glasses on so I may have missed some of the subtleties from the third tier though.
Mahrez obviously scored the two but I also felt he was pretty good at all the dirty stuff he normally gets slated for not doing so made my player of the match. It felt to me like we were taking the Mick a little. Lots of little flicks and tricks going off around the pitch

Totally agree he is more mature now as player making the right passes yep he more reserved but it benefits the team as a whole and why pep is the best manager ever..

Loved the way we move the ball so slickly and effectively in tight spaces especially in the 1st half. I thought Gomez had a decent game, I don't think we need to worry about him going forward it's just his defensive side of his game which he needs to work on.

A much easier win than I expected. We looked back to our assured best. Mahrez, Rodri, Walker, Laporte immense. Looked like Laporte pulled up with a hamstring at the end? I hope I'm wrong.
I thought he took a heavy knock, he was certainly hobbling for a while.

I thought Cancelo got caught under the ball a couple of times. Gomez looked fair to me, but I think he needs to gain a bit of strength in the tackle.
I agree. I thought Gomez was ok but that left side started a little more shakily than the right. Understandable but we were stronger and yet more attacking minded on the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.