Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Couple points about today;

- when we play with a quick passing/high tempo game we’ll beat any team in Europe.

- Bernardo/Rodri together avoids the need for the inverted full back nonsense

- Kev should be rested more to allow Foden to play in the number 10. He’s too good to not be there

- Laporte is brilliant and fuck Chelsea.
Agree on all points, ESPECIALLY about Foden in the midfield...
And fuck Chelsea!

I'm old enough to remember City v Chelsea in Div 2 :-(
I was talking to my mate about that.
I wondered why no FFP regs were introduced when ultimately, further down the line, Abramovich took over?
Furthermore would FFP have been introduced if the Sheikh had bought the rags or Eveeton?
No, it was just an excuse to keep our wonderful club away from the top table.

Thought we started the game quite well but then allowed them to come back into it for a short while. Once we scored (wow, what a free-kick that was) we never looked back. The third goal was sublime and reminded me so much of how incisive we can be. Alvarez worked his nads off and was still chasing in the 90th minute. Great to have the speed king back at right back too. Rolls Royce Rodders in the middle of the park bosed it and ably assisted by the pocket dynamo in Bernardo. Definitely Gomez's best game for us so far as I was expecting Ziyech to be all over him but he hardly had a sniff. Mahrez though was superb. Popping up everywhere and an amazing free-kick and a stonking penalty topped off a great performance. Hope the Arse are twitching now seeing what we can do and still leave KDB, Gundog & Haaland on the bench.

ETA: Oh & one more point: Are you watching Waistcoat Wanker? Phil can play in that attacking midfield role (as if any of us doubted it).

The performance today was the Manchester City that I have been missing. The intensity today from everyone was off the charts, we simply haven’t played like that this season, we’ve been way off it. I don’t know how Pep managed to convince them to run like that again, or whether it’s just the Alvarez effect, but this is how we need to be every game. When we’re pressing high and every single player is sprinting to put pressure on all the possible places that the ball can go and we just choke them. This is City, it’s our identity. We just need to work out how we maintain it with Haaland there. That’s the puzzle for Pep.

On the TV, that was a great watch - I was at Stamford Bridge on Thurday and wish I'd seen a performance like that!
When I saw the team selection I was concerned that we might struggle, but, it wasn't even close. We bossed it totally, and could have gone in 5-0 up at half time.
We've scored some lovely team goals over the years but that 3rd goal takes some beating! I remember a goal a few seasons ago when we scored after about 500 passes - I think it was when Yaya was still playing. But, for a team goal, with great long and short passing, and dribbling involved - from both full backs - I'm scratching my head to think of a better goal.
I've been saying all day since that it was a thing of beauty. I hope I'll see a better goal one day, but, if you were there today, that alone was well worth the admission money.
It was reminiscent of City with Aguero, and it's good to know that we can still do that, in case we have to do it without the 'big boy' up front as the season progresses.
Happy days!!!!

He needs to learn to pass
Far too greedy and doesn't chose the right option
At the moment I don't buy into the hype with him

Agreed, think Palmer has the ability to be top class, but this season he has been far to greedy resulting in poor decision making, held onto the ball too long too often and given the ball away with simple poor passes more than anyone else when he's played

The performance today was the Manchester City that I have been missing. The intensity today from everyone was off the charts, we simply haven’t played like that this season, we’ve been way off it. I don’t know how Pep managed to convince them to run like that again, or whether it’s just the Alvarez effect, but this is how we need to be every game. When we’re pressing high and every single player is sprinting to put pressure on all the possible places that the ball can go and we just choke them. This is City, it’s our identity. We just need to work out how we maintain it with Haaland there. That’s the puzzle for Pep.
I think it was just that we returned to our more usual formation and had higher energy players on the pitch. I'm not sure we could recreate that intensity with Haaland, KDB and Gundogan.

Thought we started the game quite well but then allowed them to come back into it for a short while. Once we scored (wow, what a free-kick that was) we never looked back. The third goal was sublime and reminded me so much of how incisive we can be. Alvarez worked his nads off and was still chasing in the 90th minute. Great to have the speed king back at right back too. Rolls Royce Rodders in the middle of the park bosed it and ably assisted by the pocket dynamo in Bernardo. Definitely Gomez's best game for us so far as I was expecting Ziyech to be all over him but he hardly had a sniff. Mahrez though was superb. Popping up everywhere and an amazing free-kick and a stonking penalty topped off a great performance. Hope the Arse are twitching now seeing what we can do and still leave KDB, Gundog & Haaland on the bench.

ETA: Oh & one more point: Are you watching Waistcoat Wanker? Phil can play in that attacking midfield role (as if any of us doubted it).
Yes but I thought Mason Mount was his usual self - triffic!! - and I can see why the waistcoat prefers him to Phil, Jack, Madisson and Rashford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.