Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

chance to put it to bed , at home , then rest all 11 if need be till the final. ah well what do I know .

That would be literally the worst thing he could do resting all our players from now to the final.

The time to rest was this weekend, after 11 games in 35 days and on the back of two mentally and physically draining matches in the Champs lge and where the risk of injury is at its highest.

The players need the rest now and then finely tune them in preparation for the final. Every manager in the game, who consults with an expert Sports scientist, thinks this way, they cannot all be wrong. It does not guarantee we will on May the 29th but were maximising our chances.

Not fussed that we lost in terms of affecting the league but the way we lost is fuckin annoying, that starting 11 had a chance to make a play for the CL final and not one of em showed up ...

No point in killing ourselves over this shit show, just have to forget about it and watch what the rags do... We will win at least one more game and the rags will drop points anyway ....

Full media blackout now until the next game
I, ll dance a jig with you when we win the final then.
Oh and let's hope Villa win us the league today as well.
14 out of 15 finals is immense.
Personally I'd like us to win the league ourselves, and yesterday was a golden opportunity.
If the rags vs dippers game had been played the other day we could have been champions already...
He not start in the final and will be lucky to get 20 mins and this season he hasn’t earned any right to be in be in that final .
Aguero has been recovering from injury.
Pep has been very careful in managing his return to the first team.
Pep has had to keep Aguero fit and eager to play. A difficult trick to accomplish.
So now we are coming rapidly towards the end of the season, towards the C/L final.
Pep can't risk an injury to Aguero as he wants him to play a part in that final.
That is my feeling.
(Also you should consider the development of Foden as an example of Peps approach).

Go back the fa Cup final and see what happened when we played Rodri and Fernandinho that game we didn't play nowhere near as good as yesterday. Pep is wrong with the team selection, again he should of gone full strength but like I say the second string need to step up aswell.

Also if you don't blame Aguero for that penalty then ermmmmm.... I don't know what to say.
Well I am not "delighted" about it, that's for sure. But we shouldn't have to be relying on that. And we conceded two goals anyway. People keep saying that (Aguero's) goes in and it's game over. Well maybe it wasn't, and like I say, he could have missed it however he took it. He's hardly a Yaya or Balotelli when it comes to penalties.

again ...

Sorry but that is just typically deluded fan talk. Pep's decisions have nothing to do with arrogance.

He can't get every decision right, especially when perfectly reasonable decision cannot guarantee success in every game, but you can be damn sure he thinks carefully about every team selection and ways up the risks. Choosing to take certain risks whilst also avoiding others is not arrogant.

I'd venture that one of the reasons that Pep has been so incredibly successful as a manager is that arrogance is something he has no time for.

Last edited:
Possibly, rings a bell. The problem with a panenka is if you score you look like a cocky twat but get praised for the cheek to try it but if you miss you look like a right knob
Also v Swansea and another in CL (though can’t remember the opponent)

Sorry but that is just typically deluded fan talk. Pep's decisions have nothing to do with arrogance.

He can't get every decision right, especially when perfectly reasonable decision cannot guarantee success in every game, but you can be damn sure he thinks carefully about every team selection and ways up the risks. Choosing to take certain risks whilst also avoiding other is not arrogant.

I'd venture that one of the reasons that Pep has been so incredibly successful as a manager is that arrogance is something he has no time for.
you can bet our opponents see it as arrogance, that's their team talk right there .

why 9 changes when we dont have a match till Friday.
Should have put a better team out and clinched the title, now with the Reds winning at Villa there is some pressure and the Champions will be 1 week nearer before we play again.
The Reds could be 4 points behind on Friday, will he put a sub standard team out at Newcastle}

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.