Chelsea (H) - Post-Match Thread

They actually got their tactics spot on, which was to try and keep it tight and nick it later in the game with their forward subs.

The biggest problem we had for at least at an hour was Lukaku following Rodri around everywhere and blocking his passing lane when we tried to come out from the back.

I think you've been absurdly generous here.

Did he get it spot on? He played it like a cup final, but that doesn't work when the other team wins with a draw.

Chelsea needed to win today, and parking the bus with (as you said) the biggest problem they posed us being slightly impeding our build up, didn't do anything except reduce the amount of time they had to win the game, and made them need 2 goals to win instead of 1.

Pawson was fucking terrible the amount he let go today. When we make as much as a foul in any game a card comes out as Keegan would say "The refs pocket is like a toaster". Opposition seem to be able to foul our lads constantly and get away with it.
Be reasonable. How many yellow cards did we get? That referee was as even handed as they come.

Unimpressive overall performance with us looking more tired than them even though they played midweek. Kevs performance kind of encapsulated the whole thing by being largely average with one moment of brilliance with that great goal.

Tactically we got it spot on but i think some of our forward play was very wasteful. We could have been punished for being lax in possession a few times too. Was nice to see raz have great first half.

Sound like i'm moaning here but i'm actually thrilled overall! :P
Fuckinell!!!

Great game great win for me.

These aren't Mugs, they are European Champions. Not that they mentioned it.

I think you've been absurdly generous here.

Did he get it spot on? He played it like a cup final, but that doesn't work when the other team wins with a draw.

Chelsea needed to win today, and parking the bus with (as you said) the biggest problem they posed us being slightly impeding our build up, didn't do anything except reduce the amount of time they had to win the game, and made them need 2 goals to win instead of 1.

We very quickly reduced Chelsea to kick and run.

We dominated the game. We won the game.

Fantastic result against a Chelsea team who came with the sole intention of keeping it tight and hopefully sneaking a goal.
We were much the better team and a lot more positive too ( and I don't mean covid )...we were always looking to score whereas they were happy to try and contain us.
Good save from Eddie and his headed clearance was very good too.
The defence was excellent Laporte and Cancello especially..but Stones and Walker weren't far behind.
The rest of the lads were also very good and Bernie never stops running ..he's like the Duracell bunny..
Raz had a very good game and Grealish looked better and rarely gives the ball away.
What a finish by Ginger kev.. he loves scoring against the chavs.
Good atmosphere too..great start to the weekend

is this out best team ever? even our great teams
of 2012, 2014, 2018 and last season i could always see weak-ish players somewhere (usually left back or centre back) where we could be exposed.

today the team is only really improved with Dias and maybe Mahrez - although the forward 5 can be rotated and argued about.

we dominate the other top teams more than we ever have in head to head games and the forward 6 is absurd - the best holding midfielder in the league plus 5 incredibly talented forwards who would be the talisman of any other team. there is zero filler in the team now. no Delphs, No Zinchenko, No Clichy/Kolarov or Milner making up the numbers

we’ve been outplayed in….2 games (?) this season (tottenham and arsenal away both of which we were struggling for fitness)

This is not just our best team ever, it's very possibly the best English team ever. They need to go on and do something that ends the argument in City's favour.

I thought it was a good game, they played us well in the 1st half, but we were always in control.
We should've been ahead at the half and from where i was i thought Grealish had scored, oh well.
I thought we got better in the 2nd half and dominated them and the fact that they only had one chance (good save Eddy) says it all.

Walker, Laporte, Sterling and Bernie were great all game and what a goal by Kev!

It was another great display and we done the double over them so i'm well happy.

...AND THE BLUES GO MARCHING ON, ON, ON...
CITY, CITY, CITY!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.