Chelsea (H) - Sun 21st May, 16:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting quite freaked at the number of people who think Chelsea will be a walkover. They've got plenty (!) of decent players and they'll be wanting to put themselves into Pochettino's thoughts. Add in the party-poop factor and I think we should be wary. Certainly the players need to be in a mindset like they're playing good Chelsea instead of sh1t Chelsea.

Brighton away and Brentford away are also two eminently loseable fixtures...
Don’t think it will be a walkover but don’t underestimate this City team. They are absolutely phenomenal and on a different level. Anything can happen in a game so no complacency but I expecting to see a trophy celebration on Sunday

Don’t think it will be a walkover but don’t underestimate this City team. They are absolutely phenomenal and on a different level. Anything can happen in a game so no complacency but I expecting to see a trophy celebration on Sunday
Didn't we say that when we played the rags at home to win the league when we were 2 up

Imagine being Chelsea coming to play us. They'll defend so deep to stop any runs in behind, we'll beat these

Flew in from the US for this match. Any recommendations on bars near Piccadilly? Not sure if there’s places city fans normally congregate..
Tib Street Tavern is a 10 minute walk and decent. Also Courtyard, 2 mins from the train station. The Waldorf behind Primark is good too.

This is the big one.

A first CL victory would be great.

Beating the rags in the cup final would warm our hearts for many years to come.

But winning 3 league titles on the bounce is an historic achievement that cements our place in history. 100 yrs from now nerdy types will be scrolling thru lists of title winners and they’ll pause when they scroll through the early 2020s and see our name written again and again. Immortality is within our grasp.
I agree getting the 3 in a row is a huge thing and will be remembered like you said, but how can this game be bigger than the 2 cup finals?

We have 3 chances to win the PL, lose the two finals and we have no 2nd chance. I think the treble will be remembered much more than winning 3 in a row if were bringing up historical achievements. Certainly is for the scum.

Nonsense. The Met Office says sunny 20degC at 4pm Sunday

I don’t think you read my post.

giphy.gif

Didn't we say that when we played the rags at home to win the league when we were 2 up
Yes and that's why reason, desire and some humility are needed for this fixture i.e. Haaland knows he could improve on his shooting. Play to our strengths and success will follow.

Was on the CBS after show. Henry was seen having a get together with KdB and Kate Abdo (presenter) asked the Frenchman about it. He said his respect for Kev had increased even more to play they way he did over the two legs with what he's been going through. Wouldn't elaborate as he said it was a personal matter for Kevin.
Yes I saw that. Henry went to talk to de Bruyne when Grealish was busy with Carragher. De Bruyne said something to Henry and, as far as I could tell, he looked shocked/ concerned and leant forward so he could hear him better. Henry said he couldn't say what was said because it was "private" but yes, that he had even more respect for playing like he did in the circumstances. In a way, I hope it's just playing through an injury and nothing to do with family.

You can see it happening here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.