Chelsea (H) - Sun 21st May, 16:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect us to pretty much play our strongest XI (the one who started against Real Madrid), with maybe 1-3 exceptions. Momentum is key in football and I don't want to see us taking the foot of the gaspedal these last few games before the 2 finals just because the league is won. I want us to play great and win every single game thats left this season, going into the 2 finals without question marks (even if small) about our form from these 3 remaining dead rubbers in the league.

City 4 - 0 Chelsea, Haaland hat trick!
why would we do that? Chelsea have no fit defenders, even our youth team could probably beat them. rest KDB/Grealish/Dias/Rodri/Silva and we'll still win 4-0

Expect us to pretty much play our strongest XI (the one who started against Real Madrid), with maybe 1-3 exceptions. Momentum is key in football and I don't want to see us taking the foot of the gaspedal these last few games before the 2 finals just because the league is won. I want us to play great and win every single game thats left this season, going into the 2 finals without question marks (even if small) about our form from these 3 remaining dead rubbers in the league.

City 4 - 0 Chelsea, Haaland hat trick!

Yeah, I'm expecting it to be a strong line-up today, maybe with a few changes, but not wholesale. We're on such a good run at the moment that I can't see Pep wanting go disrupt that. A rest for those that need it, eg KDB but the core of the team that started v Madrid. 3-1 City

why would we do that? Chelsea have no fit defenders, even our youth team could probably beat them. rest KDB/Grealish/Dias/Rodri/Silva and we'll still win 4-0
Think everyone will miss one of the next 3 and maybe only play an hour in one of the other games, but they won’t all miss the same games. I was expecting about 4 changes for this before we’d won it still expect about 4.

A few of things to consider.
1. Pep will have been expecting this game to be the title winning opportunity and will have prepared to go strong, you don't just rip up a game plan within 24 hours of a game.
2. We will be getting a guard of honour in our final home game of the season, our 7 or 8 key players will be getting this not the kids or back ups.
3. We now have time to rest players before the two finals, go strong early on and make changes in the 2nd half or if we are comfortably ahead,

A few of things to consider.
1. Pep will have been expecting this game to be the title winning opportunity and will have prepared to go strong, you don't just rip up a game plan within 24 hours of a game.
2. We will be getting a guard of honour in our final home game of the season, our 7 or 8 key players will be getting this not the kids or back ups.
3. We now have time to rest players before the two finals, go strong early on and make changes in the 2nd half or if we are comfortably ahead,
Think he'll have had plans in place for both options tbh, Pep being Pep.
That said I'm sure he'll want to put in a winning performance for the last home game of the season to keep the momentum going. 5-0!
Won't the entire squad get the guard of honour?

Just had the team through from my usual source - let’s see how true it is come 3pm.

Ortega
Lewis
Akanji
Laporte
Ake
Gundogan
Bernardo
KDB
Mahrez
Alvarez
Foden
It will be interesting to see how many games Ortega will play. Previously the expectation was that Ederson would play in the final 3 PL games, with Ortega playing in the FA cup final. But now that the cup final is the most important of the next 4 matches, would it makes sense to switch that round? Ortega might feel aggrieved missing the cup final but he would get 3 PL appearances to compensate

Before yesterday's result I was kinda hoping Arsenal would draw so we would have the chance to win it ourselves but now I'm glad it's already done so we can watch the game with absolutely no nerves.

I think Pep will go strong because he'll want to keep the momentum going in to the two finals and although it makes no material difference, it would be nice to celebrate the trophy lift with a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.