Chelsea (H) - Sun 21st May, 16:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.

But we risk injuring our best players. We have a good squad full of players who haven’t played much lately.

After todays match Pep needs to play the squad players whilst resting the 1st team players.
I understand why some might feel that way, and I think we could see more rotation in the Brighton game, to then play our strongest (or close to it) against Brentford again. But everything comes with a risk, players could get injuried if they play or lose a bit of rhythm if they dont. I personally think not playing well and/or potentially drop points in a couple of the remaining league fixtures could have a more negative impact on the team before the finals than potentially missing someone with injury. With that said, anyone that needs a rest should obviously get it.

Just my opinion :)

EDIT: Whatever Pep decides, I will trust his decision. He obviously knows the team, how they feel and what they need better than anyone. I am just a stupid fan with a opinion based on very little information :)

Last edited:
OK.

But we risk injuring our best players. We have a good squad full of players who haven’t played much lately.

After todays match Pep needs to play the squad players whilst resting the 1st team players.

The 1st team players can't go 2 weeks without proper games before the FA Cup final. Pep will rotate, especially at Brighton, but most of the 1st team players are likely to get 2 starts in the next 3 games to keep rhythm.

Some people talking about momentum. I agree. I also think we need momentum. Having said that, isn't Chelsea (12th) at home our easiest fixture left to play? I would rather play a stronger team at Brighton and Brentford to build momentum before the finals since we don't want to lose there. I don't see how playing KDB, Bernardo, Ake, and Gundogan is necessary after Wednesday night assuming the posted line-up is true. I hope we are not rushing Nate again.

We can't go fully weakened, we have to respect the competition and the impact that our opponents' results would have on their and other teams' league positions. And we have to respect the fans who have paid money to go and see these matches.

But we can go slightly weakened and rest any players who are genuinely exhausted. No need to run them into the ground.

I understand why some might feel that way, and I think we could see more rotation in the Brighton game, to then play our strongest (or close to it) against Brentford again. But everything comes with a risk, players could get injuried if they play or lose a bit of rhythm if they dont. I personally think not playing well and/or potentially drop points in a couple of the remaining league fixtures could have a more negative impact on the team before the finals than potentially missing someone with injury. With that said, anyone that needs a rest should obviously get it.

Just my opinion :)

EDIT: Whatever Pep decides, I will trust his decision. He obviously knows the team, how they feel and what they need better than anyone. I am just a stupid fan with a opinion based on very little information :)

Beautiful weather for a day out at the footy and no stress involved. Hoping to be in Sinclairs for half 12.
I don't care what team we put out today but, unlike us fans, the lads have to stay focused and fit so not expecting the second 11 to run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.