Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

We in the final doesn't matter about performance!

Poch though straight to the referee after final whistle to moan about the handball the pen he thinks they should have got! That there by him is why he will never ever be a top manager! Wants a decision to go his way to get through a game! Just how his spurs team got the luck against us champs league to get through! Maybe he should coach his team better to finish the chances the moaning washed up manager!

I didn’t nt mind Shearer but I thought he looked a twat when he said that, trying to be clever but didn’t work.
Shearer's only managerial experience was a brief stint with his beloved Newcastle when he managed to relegate them.
I take Shearer's opinion as seriously as Spitty who has never managed and Ratboy who also failed miserably in his only managerial stint at Valencia.
It's not the first time Shearer has had a pop at us after we complained about unreasonable TV scheduling either.
When the paedo protecting BBC put us on a Sunday night 3 days before a UCL trip to Kiev, he said "I don't get resting players" now he's saying Pep could have made changes.
Shearer needs to pick a lane and stick to it rather than choosing the narrative to give him a reason to have a go.
This coming from someone who turned his back on his country at 30 to prolong his club career.

... "going well wide" is the key for me. On target and deflected away then there couldve been a case to award a penalty under current interpretations of the handball rules. Even then, Jacks arms were in a natural position by his side even though jumping, with the ball at best brushing against him.

Good refereeing. Giving a goal kick demonstrated Olivers take on the incident - nothing to see, nada. Clutching at straws to create a story.
I agree. It was not a pen but the trouble is so many like that are given, it is just ludicrous. If VAR had asked the ref to look again, my bet is a pen would be given as they seldom stick to their ordinal decision when asked to review. My immediate reaction was: that’s not a pen but it will be given. Phew! It would have been hard on Jack to give away another doubtful Wembley pen.
An attacker in that situation would get away with it provided it did not lead to a goal. Different rules for different folks, very odd.

We in the final doesn't matter about performance!

Poch though straight to the referee after final whistle to moan about the handball the pen he thinks they should have got! That there by him is why he will never ever be a top manager! Wants a decision to go his way to get through a game! Just how his spurs team got the luck against us champs league to get through! Maybe he should coach his team better to finish the chances the moaning washed up manager!
My wife's best friends husband is a Chelsea fan.
He thinks Poch is a fraud.

I’m going to say something now which may get me in some folks bad books but it’s the way I feel and I make no excuses.

Any City fan who has a bad word for any City player after today’s game needs to give their head a wobble. That team today showed character, determination, grit, heart and soul. They fought to keep our place in the cup and they succeeded. Ok it wasn’t the best display but they played as a team, together.
Criticism is ok on a normal match (constructive criticism) but today they were magnificent warriors and only (IMHO) deserved praise.

There’s a word that a lot of you use that begins with the 3rd letter of the alphabet and if you had bad words for that team today please apply that word to yourself!

Sorry but that is my opinion and I stand by it. Throw your stones (no pun intended) at me but I stand with that team and our fans. :-)

My only regret today? I couldn’t be there, I cried the other night because I wasn’t able to go to Wembley. But today my tears would have been tears of joy and pride. Sorry for the essay. ;-)
Agree with every word you said. The team were absolutely magnificent and we should all be proud of a performance we had no right to expect so soon after the Madrid game. I haven't looked at the media but I assume they will chunter on about the Grealish handball and Chelsea's missed chances, while ignoring how Caicedo remained on the pitch for the full ninety minutes. They won't ask the question regarding the complete unfairness of not playing this game on the Sunday and it's obvious preference has been given to Chelsea and Arsenal over their upcoming fixtures. Whether we win another double or nothing at all, we can all take great pride in the club and everything this team have achieved.

Ortega did well again and deserves to play in the final on merit.

Personally I don't think he got a knock at all. It looked like it was pre planned to me to give the team a 3 minute rest at around 75 minutes as we were running on empty. I didn't see him take any knock. I didn't see Eddie warming up whilst Ortega was getting treatment. Immediately after treatment he played his normal game without any hint from then till the end of the game of any knock or injury. If it was planned it worked and we got a vital 3 minute rest at a key stage of the game.

Now City don't normally do any "dark arts" or timewasting (apart from Eddie towards the end of games when we are winning). Caicedo was leaving his foot in all game, Chelsea were taking their time from the first minute taking goal kicks, throw ins and corners, etc etc but we played a straight game again today (apart from Ortega's knock). If you want further proof of our straight game play then replay the match and watch Chelsea corners....not once did we see any City players grappling, holding, pushing, etc. But that from Ortega today was executed perfectly and about time we did it. Better the keeper to go down for treatment then any other player say holding their head, as they then have to go off for 30 seconds. So well done City.....used it brilliantly and sparingly.
It certainly fooled me.
It's right what you say.
Clever tactic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.