Chelsea or City?

zoffie said:
Think with the question the actual answer is Manchester City.
When you talk about season, that's across the duration of all of the matches played.

City led the table for 8 months, enjoyed being dominant, had a great unbeaten run.
Smacked United at home, got them to bel19ve again lool and then kept that stupid spelling the way it is, with the Aguero finish.

Before Tevez went you were playing scintillating football, in terms of the Champions League, it was a tough group w/ Bayern & Napoli in it. Fa Cup I can't even remember how you went out, but definitely across the season you were the best.

However in terms of what was achieved, you hadn't won the league in over 4 decades.
We'd never won the top European trophy, both of them were monumental wins.

If you look at the fact that Barca are so good but cannot win it twice in a row, it shows that it's not easy to win this competition at all, we've been close with no cigar...

and to be fair, we want to win it in a better way than we have done this season.
But, in terms of achievement a UCL win added to the FA cup, trumps a Premier League win.

I always say the bread & butter is the Premier League & UCL winners should always want to win their league as well, that's the measure of a team. It was easier for us to focus on the Cup, by sacrificing the league.

I rambled on, but, you get my drift.

City better season, Chelsea better achievement.
both smashed a hoodoo this season. its all good.

For me, being champions of your own league is the greater achievement.

The CL is difficult to win, even harder to defend, but at the end of the day it's a cup competion. Also the final is a one off game and as often occurs all over the world in domestic cup competitions the best team does not always win it.

The seedings and in particular the group stage has ruined the romance of the European Cup. I'd like to see it go back to a random draw and watch the teams from poorer footballing nations go all guns blazing to knock out one of the big boys instead of having hope beaten out of them in the group stage.

If Platini really cared about FFP then he'd do away with the current CL format.

Got to say City, we are the best team in the Premier league we played every team twice and ended up top. Chelsea however didn`t play every team in the Champions league.

Chelsea are third favourites for next years title ( behind City and United ). So even in their own country are not recognised as the best. The Champions League is just a cup competition loaded in favour of the richest sides. It's a public relations / TV cup. Premier League every year for me by a long way.

Liverpool won the Champs league in 2005 (I think) and lost the final a few years later, but if you ask their fans, they will still feel their best season was coming second to Man U and thus nearly winning the league.

Cups are great, but winning the best domestic League championship in the world is the pinnicle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.