Chelsea or City?

Guys, they were both unbelievable achievements. Can we not all be happy with our own success? premiership champions and Chelsea winning the champions league. I would have settled for that at the beginning of the season and certainly with 5 minutes to go in the QPR match.

davymcfc said:
Guys, they were both unbelievable achievements. Can we not all be happy with our own success? premiership champions and Chelsea winning the champions league. I would have settled for that at the beginning of the season and certainly with 5 minutes to go in the QPR match.
We have settled as you say, it's an opinion, for example next season would you be happy with what Chelsea have achieved.

chesterbells said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
chesterbells said:
LOL, cliche ahoy! FFS, Is this a geography lesson?

Having said that I agree with you.
I presume you mean geology.

Sorry if my use of metaphors is a little hackneyed for your liking

HaHa. Well we never had any geology lessons at the school I went to, but ok geology if you prefer.
Tbh, no offence was intend pal, in a mudane thread it just made me laugh when I read it! I'll drop the phrase into the conversation next time i'm in the pub with my city mates ;)

Glad I can be of assistance ;-)

Winning a 38 game competition where you play all the other teams home and away

or

playing a total of 13 games (6 in group) in a seeded competition as one of the top seeds, where your qualification for the next round is almost certain,

There is no doubt that City had the better season especially when they finished 25 point behind

Would be very close, but two completely different campaigns.

I think Chelsea would be in shock after their fairytale ending. We had it very good as well, but they had a cup final, champions league final and qualified for the CL.

On the flip side it was our first league title in 44 years, played at home infront of our fans, in the most dramatic circumstances.

They are very close, but I think Chelsea would just pip it. I think City have had a more positive season and more entertaining, but Chelsea somehow managed the impossible.

Premier league all day long. As to a degree champions league is a biased competition because it is pot 1 etc, therefore making some teams paths to the later stages far easier to reach than the smaller teams. Once you get past group stages all you need is a bit of luck to go all the way, but premier league each team plays each other twice regardless of rankings so premier is much harder to win.

Dribble said:
Rammyblues said:
IMO

1) Prem
2) CL
2A) Finishing in top four allowing to participate in CL following season and for financial reasons would be here but as there is no trophy for finishing second, third or forth default as the rags and Gooners have found out
3) FA Cup
4) Carling Cup

Any other trophy eg Super cup etc.
^^^This^^^

Think with the question the actual answer is Manchester City.
When you talk about season, that's across the duration of all of the matches played.

City led the table for 8 months, enjoyed being dominant, had a great unbeaten run.
Smacked United at home, got them to bel19ve again lool and then kept that stupid spelling the way it is, with the Aguero finish.

Before Tevez went you were playing scintillating football, in terms of the Champions League, it was a tough group w/ Bayern & Napoli in it. Fa Cup I can't even remember how you went out, but definitely across the season you were the best.

However in terms of what was achieved, you hadn't won the league in over 4 decades.
We'd never won the top European trophy, both of them were monumental wins.

If you look at the fact that Barca are so good but cannot win it twice in a row, it shows that it's not easy to win this competition at all, we've been close with no cigar...

and to be fair, we want to win it in a better way than we have done this season.
But, in terms of achievement a UCL win added to the FA cup, trumps a Premier League win.

I always say the bread & butter is the Premier League & UCL winners should always want to win their league as well, that's the measure of a team. It was easier for us to focus on the Cup, by sacrificing the league.

I rambled on, but, you get my drift.

City better season, Chelsea better achievement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.