Chelsea or City?

this season to us the prem was everything, to chelsea it was the champs league.
next season the roles could be reversed with us both changing are number 1 targets

IMO

1) Prem
2) CL
2A) Finishing in top four allowing to participate in CL following season and for financial reasons would be here but as there is no trophy for finishing second, third or forth default as the rags and Gooners have found out
3) FA Cup
4) Carling Cup

Any other trophy eg Super cup etc.

for me I take more satisfaction from winning the perm, and deserving it.

Congratulations must go to Chelsea, but they were hardly convincing in both semis and the final. (1 corner/1 goal, Bayern 35 shots). It was as unjust as QPR beating us last Sunday, not that that was ever gonna happen!!!!

This season I wanted the Prem more but now we've done it I'll always want the CL more. Once we've won both it will still be the CL.

As others have said ours is the more deserving trophy winning it over 38 games,but credit to Chelsea cl is a very hard trophy to win and although they had a lot of luck and had to defend like mad,it's still a tremendous achievement so both of us can take a lot of pleasure for a fantastic season.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Yesterday didn't represent a seismic shift in the tectonic plates of football.

Last Sunday did.

LOL, cliche ahoy! FFS, Is this a geography lesson?

Having said that I agree with you.

i8rags said:
Skashion said:
Got to go with Chelsea...fuckers...
Last night I thought not, then I thought if next year we won the FA cup and were champions of europe it would surpass this season.
Wouldn't for me, the league is everything, it shows how good a team is. Liverpool (5th) and Chelsea (6Th) have won the CL which shows that it's not a reflection on the best team in the country, let alone Europe.

I'd take the Prem every year and never win the CL<br /><br />-- Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Yesterday didn't represent a seismic shift in the tectonic plates of football.

Last Sunday did.
Is a good point too. The Champions League trophy is the one we need to win though. It's the ultimate goal, and your argument aside - and I appreciate its validity, surely on a trophy-for-trophy basis we'd swap league titles for Champions League titles. It's the harder trophy to win. There's no club, I think I'm right in saying, who've won more Champions Leagues than national titles. Slur Taggart has had eighteen attempts at the Champions League and won it twice, and twenty attempts at the Premier League and won it twelve times.

*edit*
Notts Forest, apparently have, I thought they'd won three titles.
The harder trophy to win? Not a chance based on the quality of the football team that wins it.

You can always say the best team wins the league but the best team rarely wins the CL as there is that much luck involved.

i8rags said:
Just read your post again. A poor season is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while.
Are you serious, they finished 6th and by rights should never have won the CL. They papered over the cracks. The had two missed penalties against them in the semi and in the final that would have certainly meant they had a poor season. They would have been fucked with the CL income next season.

They somehow clawed their way to a lucky cup win and I applaud them for that but they did have a poor season in the most important competition, the Prem.<br /><br />-- Sun May 20, 2012 5:22 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Stoned Rose said:
The CL is harder to win than the premier league????!!!!!

The CL has just been contested by the second best team in Germany and the sixth best in England. Neither entered the competition as reigning champions of their own country. With it being 'cup' based it's open to the best/most deserving team not always winning. You can avoid better teams depending on how the draw pans out.

The prem rolls over 38 games, you play everyone twice. There is none of this 'two legs' and 'away goals' bollocks. It's miles harder to come out as top dog under those circumstances than under CL circumstances.

And to top it off City slapped both Bayern and Chelsea at home this season.
Yes, it is, undoubtedly. One of the best managers in the world with one of the most stable and and domestically-dominant sides has only managed it twice out of eighteen attempts. I don't even know how many attempts there must have been by London clubs at winning it but to suffice to say there'll be dozens, and yet only one win. I would swap Champions League trophies for league trophies without a second's hesitation.
Madness. I really can't get my head around that at all. To win the CL is more luck than judgement. Yes, that makes it harder to win, but it's hard to win the half time raffle, I've had a go a few hundred times and not won it. Cups competitions are similar, they are a lottery.

in terms of reality given how poor they were in league, us
in terms of what will go down in history, chelsea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.