Chelsea or City?

For me i'm just an old fashioned domestic success first kind of guy. Europe's fun but its hyped up unbelievably by the media into the next best thing after the World Cup. Don't get me wrong if we ever win it of course i'd love it but i'd take dominating our own league and cup competitions every day of the week. I truly detest the shite surrounding the draws, fucking little plastic kinder egg capsules in goldfish bowls with about 20 delgates representing each club all on a corporate hospitality freebie for the week in some rich City and I hate the whole group stages rigged to make the rich richer and uphold the pretence the smaller clubs have a chance mixing with the big boys and don't get me started on that fucking music they belt out. Hated it when we weren't in it and hate it just as much now.

SWP's back said:
Madness. I really can't get my head around that at all. To win the CL is more luck than judgement. Yes, that makes it harder to win, but it's hard to win the half time raffle, I've had a go a few hundred times and not won it. Cups competitions are similar, they are a lottery.
I hope for some lucky wins like Barcelona has experienced since 2005/6 then in the near future. I do think it notable, that even in the era where the major European leagues each have three or four places that the European Cup, with the exception of Liverpool, has been won by teams with several league titles in the years immediately proceeding or following the Champions League triumph. The Champions League isn't being won from left-field by Turkish, Greek, Ukrainian teams etc. it's being won by serial champions from Europe's major leagues.

Great achievement by Chelsea but winning cups involves a lot of luck too which they've had to be fair. Even Liverpool won the carling cup and look how shit they are. I'd love it if I were a Chelsea fan as winning 2 cups is great but city have had a better season, finishing much higher than Chelsea. I'd take winning the premier league anytime as I've always seen the champions league as a load of money making bollocks although that might change if we've won the league a few times.

Chelsea have won the Premier League a couple of times so I think there fans, players and owner would have rather won the Champions League. And I think to some degree at the tail of the season sacrificed the PL for CL.

City on the other hand had not won the League for 44 years and for us this was the holy grail and what we wanted. And as a blue I wouldn't have wanted to win the CL after finishing 2,3,or 4 before winning the PL.

So in answer to the question I think both clubs would say that they ultimately won what they were after this season and so I would say we have had equally as good a season.

The Champs League is the biggest trophy in European Football so I'd say Chelsea.

However it will be a distance memory when we've lifted our first Champs League in the next 2 years.

I watched last nights match & TBH, it was it bit like after the Lord Mayor's Parade. I think emotionally the football world was already rinsed out from the final nail-biting day of the Premiership.

Although the winning the Champions League & FA Cup is no mean feat, nothing last night came close to the emotion of last Sunday for us or a couple of neutrals I've asked.

Perhaps if the memory of last Sunday had faded a bit Bayern v Chelsea might have had more of an effect, but no-one I know red or blue was that arsed about last night. Havin said that, perhaps it's because Bayern v Chelsea had nothing to do with either of us.

chesterbells said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Yesterday didn't represent a seismic shift in the tectonic plates of football.

Last Sunday did.

LOL, cliche ahoy! FFS, Is this a geography lesson?

Having said that I agree with you.
I presume you mean geology.

Sorry if my use of metaphors is a little hackneyed for your liking

Us.

The premier league was more important to me as i saw that as the bench mark for our arrival and the subsequent power shift.

Made all the more sweeter by what transpired on the final day.

Chelski have done fantastically mind,with a far inferior squad......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.