Chelsea Post Match

TFC said:
Absolutely ecstatic with a point considering the circumstances.

Zaba should know better, first one was questionable but you could tell Dean was itching to send someone off and that second yellow was just daft.
?
But the point is that Zab's tackle was nowhere near a yellow, the ref allowed Costa to put pressure on him. On top of that his first yellow was debatable.
What planet are you on?

Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

Haven't read the thread so have no idea what the 'vibe' is.

From where I was sitting we were comfortably the better side and with 11 v 11 rather than 10 v 12 would've arseholed them. Chelsea are nowhere near our level and looked petrified of having a go in case we sliced them to bits.

Very impressed we came back from 0-1 down with 10 men against one of last season's CL semi finalists. That takes some doing and is the sign of a proper proper team.

Costa is vastly over rated and he got pocketed by Mangala and Vinny.

Thought the whole team played very well (all at least 8/10s). Thought Fernandinho, Milner and Kompany were fucking excellent.

Have to resesrve MOTM for Mangala though. Thought he was fucking colossal and had a very very impressive debut. Very strong in the air and the tackle and can also 'play'.

Get him and Vinny fully firing and stick Fernando in front of them and all I can say is good luck to the rest of the division.

Thanks for your comments...I guess this is my main concern...we do clearly look the better side in most of these games but seem to be having issues finding that killer pass or taking that half chance to win us the game.......great game tho...happy with 1-1 against a Chelsea team that played very defensive most of the game....

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Sean85 said:
neel said:
Yes confessed on OS that had it been any other team his reaction would have been different...I think the way Chelsea fans welcomed him, celebrating would have been disrespectful on his part...Really glad he got the goal...hopefully he continues to get more and we will see him celebrate like he does.
Yeah to be fair they gave him a great reception, I just expect a city player to be happy he scores for us regardless of who its against, you can be happy without being a dick about it, just think he went too much the other way, kind of to be expected but Boateng wasn't arsed on Wednesday

I think comparing Boatengs love for our club and Lampards for Chelsea is really not a good comparison to make. I personally thought he handled it superbly well. If I were a Chelsea fan and saw that it would have reaffirmed my view of him as a player and man. I remember Dickov celebrating a goal against us once and I was extremely disappointed in him.
I no Boateng wasn't here half as long and probably doesn't give a shit about city, its just all this ex player scoring against his old club lark is getting a bit over the top now (lukaku against wba for example, he was on loan for a year and said sorry for scoring against them)and to be fair to dickov, city were singing "fuck off dickov" after he won a penalty and scored it so I don't blame him, again he scored for the club paying his wages, why not celebrate?

Definitely the better team today, had standout players all over the pitch. It's also basically how Chelsea won the champions league so never going to be easy to create chances.

We don't help ourselves on the break though when they've committed men forward, just too slow. Di Maria would have been ideal.

bluetonium said:
Thought MDM very unlucky to lose his place at kick off, but by full time I was of the opinion that he's going to struggle for games a little. Mangala was fantastic, very fast, strong, read the game well and can use both feet. I worried about the money we spent on him initially, but that was a very promising start which could suggest the fee was justified. Let's hope.

Would love to see the referees governing body report on today's officials, man in the centre especially. Inconsistent would be kindest, without mentioning almost ruining a top level game and losing the respect and control of the players, probably creating an inflamed situation on the pitch.

But well done lads. Hard fought and one better than last year, and that didn't turn out too bad did it?

Looking forward to having fernando and jovetic back, we'll make up that gap in no time.

Think about how long it took de Michelis to settle in and then remember how much more experienced he is than Mangala in general. It seems that Mangala 'gets' what our style and English football are all about. I'm sure he'll have a shocker or two as he beds in but on the strength of today's performance, he looks to be the centre half we were looking for.

Chelsea played Mike Dean brilliantly. Dean is usually good, one of the better refs but he got played today by a team that went down at every turn - and exaggerated any contact to draw a card. They clearly hoped a red would come and seized their chance when it did. For all the media hype it was the same old Chelsea very solid and very defensive. Not sure they have enough to win the league.

nmc said:
Chelsea played Mike Dean brilliantly. Dean is usually good, one of the better refs but he got played today by a team that went down at every turn - and exaggerated any contact to draw a card. They clearly hoped a red would come and seized their chance when it did. For all the media hype it was the same old Chelsea very solid and very defensive. Not sure they have enough to win the league.

I can't see many teams beating them though.

We have played three home games and now need to win 16/16 to have the same record as last year. We can't afford anymore Stoke games, yet I have a feeling we are going to be facing that every week.

I think our away record could end up better than ever this season though as teams at home really can't play like that.

We need a run of wins now. The next two games are tricky but we must win them.

Read the last 3 or 4 pages, so not going to repeat all the points made. Descent performance, good result.

Thought we didn't look quite up for it enough until their goal. We played nice stuff but no urgency, no real passion. Almost like we were happy to take the draw as long as we looked like we were trying. Fast tempo/quick breaks still doesn't seem to be our thing and we are poorer for it.

After their goal though we looked up for it. When Zab went off they were definately on top, but once they scored it was back to how it had been, with us dominating. We didn't look a man down.

All in all, if we're going to draw then that's the way to do it.

classic tweets from Zabba after the match.....apologising for being sent off and then tweeting pic of Costa and expressing his surprise that Costa wasn't sent off too

got to say its been a great day, i chucked the chance of any points in the bin when zab got sent off then to come back with a Lampard goal was stuff from the theatre and to think we could have gone on and won it, we'l pull the 5 points back from chelsea sooner rather than later and i'm 100% sure we will go on and win the title, it makes it even a sweeter day when you see capatain rooney on SSN running around like a headless chicken bollocking his fellow teenage defender, onwards and upwards, well done city and thanks Frankie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.