Chelsea Post Match

Sean85 said:
Chancy Termites said:
Sean85 said:
Not read the full thread but is it just me that's pissed off with Lampards reaction? Calling us "this team" and looking like he's about to start crying for scoring? Obviously I'm glad he scored bit his reaction/devastation takes the piss

I wouldn't worry about it. He's a professional in the true sense of the word - I don't doubt that he'll try his hardest for whoever is paying his wages, against whoever the opposition may be. And he has spent the vast majority of his career at Chelsea.

If he'd deliberately ballooned his shot over the bar, then things would be different.
Yeah fair enough, I didn't expect him to do an Adebayor or anything but he looked like he was going to cry. If it bothers him that much why sign for another English team? Its a side issue really, I'd have taken a point before the game, it just pissed me off, probably more than it should
Yes confessed on OS that had it been any other team his reaction would have been different...I think the way Chelsea fans welcomed him, celebrating would have been disrespectful on his part...Really glad he got the goal...hopefully he continues to get more and we will see him celebrate like he does.

A fighting performance from start to finish. Well done, lads.

Three particularly good decisions from Pellers:

- Jimmy instead of Nasri
- Persevering with Yaya
- Lamps.

Well impressed with the Mangler, Mr Milner and Captain Fantastic. Much better from Yaya today too, which is really encouraging.

Sean85 said:
Chancy Termites said:
Sean85 said:
Not read the full thread but is it just me that's pissed off with Lampards reaction? Calling us "this team" and looking like he's about to start crying for scoring? Obviously I'm glad he scored bit his reaction/devastation takes the piss

I wouldn't worry about it. He's a professional in the true sense of the word - I don't doubt that he'll try his hardest for whoever is paying his wages, against whoever the opposition may be. And he has spent the vast majority of his career at Chelsea.

If he'd deliberately ballooned his shot over the bar, then things would be different.
Yeah fair enough, I didn't expect him to do an Adebayor or anything but he looked like he was going to cry. If it bothers him that much why sign for another English team? Its a side issue really, I'd have taken a point before the game, it just pissed me off, probably more than it should

I'd wager there was many a CFC fan laughing off their cocks when Jerome scored on Wednesday. I had to remind folk when the MANUre score came in that the last time we laughed at United, Stoke were coming out of the tunnel. Nice to see another team, especially Jose Sardinho's, get their ample arses bitten by an old boy!

Stoned Rose said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

Haven't read the thread so have no idea what the 'vibe' is.

From where I was sitting we were comfortably the better side and with 11 v 11 rather than 10 v 12 would've arseholed them. Chelsea are nowhere near our level and looked petrified of having a go in case we sliced them to bits.

Very impressed we came back from 0-1 down with 10 men against one of last season's CL semi finalists. That takes some doing and is the sign of a proper proper team.

Costa is vastly over rated and he got pocketed by Mangala and Vinny.

Thought the whole team played very well (all at least 8/10s). Thought Fernandinho, Milner and Kompany were fucking excellent.

Have to resesrve MOTM for Mangala though. Thought he was fucking colossal and had a very very impressive debut. Very strong in the air and the tackle and can also 'play'.

Get him and Vinny fully firing and stick Fernando in front of them and all I can say is good luck to the rest of the division.

I think we actually need to get our forwards firing. Aguero still looks a bit off the pace and Dzeko hasn't scored yet. That to me seems to be our problem this season so far especially at home. I don't think Silva has fully hit his stride yet either and Nasri just hasn't turned up. Mangala and Kompany will become the best CB pairing in Europe.

I agree. The point I was trying to make was once our 'proper' team is back, fully fit and firing on all cylinders there's no one in this country will stop us winning the title again.

Agreed as long as we don't let the gap get too big. From what I have seen of the other sides it's definitely us and Chelsea that stand out. We also need some luck with injuries and hope we can cover Yaya in Jan.

Chelsea will not lose many games this season and I can see them setting up like that whenever they need to.

We also face the prospect of at least 13 of our next 16 games being backs to the wall 10 men behind everything games and we have to work on ways of breaking this down. For all our huff and puff in the first half and however well we played, we didn't really look like scoring.

Not going to mention the ref....

I thought we totally bossed them today, very comprehensive IMO, best we have played for a while through the whole team. Fuck me, even Kolorov looked world class!!

Special thanks go to Fernandinho, Mangala, Vinny, and Milner, fantastic performances.

I've already posted my thoughts on Mangala, but it has to be said the boy is a beast with the engine of Usain Bolt, be afraid PL.

great result,other teams would have gone after Chelsea scored on the break,the belief and the never say die attitude in this team is fucking immense...
god I fuckin love this club..

Just back from the game, slightly pissed.
We showed great character to come back from a goal down with ten men and might have even won it.
Mangala was immense.
Ultimately relieved we got a point, but very angry with that referee.
At times we've not helped ourselves this season, but the rub of the green and referees in particular are against us.
Need to take it out on someone.
Anyone know if TGR is still on the Scottish referendum forum still doing his 'call me Dave ' love in, that would be a good start.

neel said:
Sean85 said:
Chancy Termites said:

Yes confessed on OS that had it been any other team his reaction would have been different...I think the way Chelsea fans welcomed him, celebrating would have been disrespectful on his part...Really glad he got the goal...hopefully he continues to get more and we will see him celebrate like he does.
Yeah to be fair they gave him a great reception, I just expect a city player to be happy he scores for us regardless of who its against, you can be happy without being a dick about it, just think he went too much the other way, kind of to be expected but Boateng wasn't arsed on Wednesday

chelsea will be gutted , 1-0 up , ten minutes left against ten men , and they blew it , our team showed more passion and character , and we will not be giving our title away without a fight , So Mourinho can come out with wind ups and wise cracks to entertain his media , who hang on his every word , i would take Pellers everyday over mourinho , because we play football and entertain ON the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.