Chelsea Post Match

Sean85 said:
neel said:
Sean85 said:
Yeah fair enough, I didn't expect him to do an Adebayor or anything but he looked like he was going to cry. If it bothers him that much why sign for another English team? Its a side issue really, I'd have taken a point before the game, it just pissed me off, probably more than it should
Yes confessed on OS that had it been any other team his reaction would have been different...I think the way Chelsea fans welcomed him, celebrating would have been disrespectful on his part...Really glad he got the goal...hopefully he continues to get more and we will see him celebrate like he does.
Yeah to be fair they gave him a great reception, I just expect a city player to be happy he scores for us regardless of who its against, you can be happy without being a dick about it, just think he went too much the other way, kind of to be expected but Boateng wasn't arsed on Wednesday

I think comparing Boatengs love for our club and Lampards for Chelsea is really not a good comparison to make. I personally thought he handled it superbly well. If I were a Chelsea fan and saw that it would have reaffirmed my view of him as a player and man. I remember Dickov celebrating a goal against us once and I was extremely disappointed in him.

Stoned Rose said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Just got back in.

Haven't read the thread so have no idea what the 'vibe' is.

From where I was sitting we were comfortably the better side and with 11 v 11 rather than 10 v 12 would've arseholed them. Chelsea are nowhere near our level and looked petrified of having a go in case we sliced them to bits.

Very impressed we came back from 0-1 down with 10 men against one of last season's CL semi finalists. That takes some doing and is the sign of a proper proper team.

Costa is vastly over rated and he got pocketed by Mangala and Vinny.

Thought the whole team played very well (all at least 8/10s). Thought Fernandinho, Milner and Kompany were fucking excellent.

Have to resesrve MOTM for Mangala though. Thought he was fucking colossal and had a very very impressive debut. Very strong in the air and the tackle and can also 'play'.

Get him and Vinny fully firing and stick Fernando in front of them and all I can say is good luck to the rest of the division.

I think we actually need to get our forwards firing. Aguero still looks a bit off the pace and Dzeko hasn't scored yet. That to me seems to be our problem this season so far especially at home. I don't think Silva has fully hit his stride yet either and Nasri just hasn't turned up. Mangala and Kompany will become the best CB pairing in Europe.

I agree. The point I was trying to make was once our 'proper' team is back, fully fit and firing on all cylinders there's no one in this country will stop us winning the title again.

Is that ever going to happen though? More importantly is that going to coincide with us getting a fair ref once in a while too? We always seem to be 1 or 2 players away from fully firing. Given how often we managed to field our first choice spine last season it was pretty damn impressive to win what we did.

It seems that 11/12 was our last consistent season for injuries and keeping our best players on the pitch, which is feeling like a pretty long time ago.

Great performance but again we struggle to create chances when the bus gets parked

Just got back from the game.

And what a great game it was, the atmosphere today was superb, I really wish it could be like that every week.
Zabba's first yellow should never have been, Mike Dean did his best to spoil the game but couldn't quite manage it.

Managala was brilliant but how good was the battle between Vinny and Costa!
He just showed the rest of the Premier league how to handle him.

Jimmy was my man of the match, just for the number of different positions he played and he never stopped running.

We battered Chelsea in the first half, they just seemed happy to soak up the pressure and hit us on the break, typical Maureen game plan, how pissed he must have been when Frank scored.

Super Frank Lampard, sang the Chelsea fans, haha, he sure is.

CTID

Benarbia said:
Great performance but again we struggle to create chances when the bus gets parked
True, but then if a team of that ability does that, they can stop anyone from playing.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
chelsea will be gutted , 1-0 up , ten minutes left against ten men , and they blew it , our team showed more passion and character , and we will not be giving our title away without a fight , So Mourinho can come out with wind ups and wise cracks to entertain his media , who hang on his every word , i would take Pellers everyday over mourinho , because we play football and entertain ON the pitch.

The result will be a far more positive psychological boost for us than them, you can tell by moaningho's face after we equalised.

We'd are doing that thing of staying on the coat tails and not letting the leaders shake us off. It becomes more annoying each week until the time arrives to make our move.

Really liked Mangala today - and did you see that tackle which was actually a drag-back? Full of skill, power, pace and confidence. Short of the goal from a muffed corner and a header straight at Joe, I don't think Chelski had any other shots on target.

Our corners were terrible as they were against Stoke.
Only Jovetic and Lampard will shoot from outside the box
Nobody will put pressure on defenders the way Robben does,dribbling the ball directly into the area yet
Navas ,Silva and Milner are pretty good at dribbling.
Just feel we should mix it up a bit.

Two crosses from the byline today one went along the goal line when the attack was hanging back, the next pulled back when the attack was along the goal line. Both would have been excellent chances with a look up.

Why bring dzeko off when we had a corner and not after ?Two minutes later back of our net when it could have been in theirs.

We bossed it today and made a lot of their players look ordinary. Moureen has always been a jammy bastard, and i'm sick to the teethe of referees wanting to be star attraction. Tw.ts.
All our players 10 for effort and you can't really ask for more.

I thought we were very good today .
I was right near the Chelsea support .
That was really sweet when Frank scored that equaliser .
The Chelsea thought they had it won .
Thank you Frank Lampard !!!

Thought MDM very unlucky to lose his place at kick off, but by full time I was of the opinion that he's going to struggle for games a little. Mangala was fantastic, very fast, strong, read the game well and can use both feet. I worried about the money we spent on him initially, but that was a very promising start which could suggest the fee was justified. Let's hope.

Would love to see the referees governing body report on today's officials, man in the centre especially. Inconsistent would be kindest, without mentioning almost ruining a top level game and losing the respect and control of the players, probably creating an inflamed situation on the pitch.

But well done lads. Hard fought and one better than last year, and that didn't turn out too bad did it?

Looking forward to having fernando and jovetic back, we'll make up that gap in no time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.