Chelsea Post Match

I'm not biased (honest) but after watching Match of the Day 2 I can't believe that BBC don't have a love in with Utd and Chelsea. The missus watched the show and wondered if she'd imagined our total dominance of Chelsea in the first half. They showed Chelsea's two attacks and then moved on to the second half so they could so their goal. Just shows how with a bit of editing Chelsea were made to look better than they actually were!

Sorry, but I've not be able to get over it so posting on here helps.

CheadleBlue said:
I'm not biased (honest) but after watching Match of the Day 2 I can't believe that BBC don't have a love in with Utd and Chelsea. The missus watched the show and wondered if she'd imagined our total dominance of Chelsea in the first half. They showed Chelsea's two attacks and then moved on to the second half so they could so their goal. Just shows how with a bit of editing Chelsea were made to look better than they actually were!

They started the clip with Chelsea in possession, about 9 minutes in IIRC. That was about the first time they kicked the ball. And the penalty on Dzeko? Where was that.

Utterly shocking coverage AS FUCKING USUAL. After the last couple of weeks, I said to myself I would not watch MOTD again and stupidly I did last night. I should have known better. I won't be watching it again in a hurry.

I thought that we absolutely battered them and even Ronnie Biggs was proclaiming how lucky they were to get a point.

The amount of pluses that came out of that game were numerous. Mangala had a great debut; him and Kompany bullied Costa and made him look totally average. Yaya looked like a different player from Munich. Milner put in a fantastic shift again and showed how valuable he is to our squad. Kolarov and Zab looked decent and dealt very well with their wide threats. Fernandinho had yet another incredible game as did Kompany. Dzeko put a really decent shift in and played through his tiredness towards the end. Aguero came through without injury and looked sharpish.

The only downside we had is how many corners we had without challenging the keeper. I think at that type of level and especially in Europe, we can't afford to have 15 corners and let them all go to waste, leaving them opportunities to counter attack us.

I think we were a bit too tippy-tappy at times and we needed a Dzeko replacement about 70 mins in but result aside, it was a very pleasing performance against what is a very strong Chelsea side. They had one shot on target all game and scored from it.

CheadleBlue said:

I for one am glad about MOTD's coverage.

If I hadn't seen that I would have deluded myself into thinking we had 60% of the first half, virtually all of the chances, Milner excellent game, Vinny having Costa in his pocket, Mangala great debut, Dinho winning everything, Dean booking 4 players for petty fouls and Hazard being AWOL.

Thanks MOTD.

I saw the match, I've watched the videos and I've read the papers and I'm "fed up to the back teeth of "Mourinho masterclasses" and "Mourinho's tactical nous" because I saw nothing of either. For the biggest part by far of yesterday's match Mourinho and Chelsea had little say in where the game was played. Pellegrini and City were the ones who had learned from last seasons matches (there were two!) at the Etihad with Chelsea and followed the plan which had neutered them in the cup - you keep them with their backs to our goal and don't let them turn. Whether they liked it or not they defended the 18 yard line, tucked in and scrapped because we gave them no choice - they simply could not get the ball, keep it and play. They defended exceptionally well but not because they wanted it that way. Our pressing game was energetic and excellent, though Fernandinho's performance did suffer after his yellow; Ya Ya's didn't and he was excellent from start to finish. Vinnie looked like the best central defender in the world, which isn't surprising since that's exactly what he is, and Mangala looked like he was in his tenth season here rather than his first match. But the real star was James Milner who was running harder at the end than he was at the beginning: he looked as though he was really warming to the task by the 94th minute, but it was the quality of his contribution even more than its energy that impressed. If Chelsea were playing on the break it was literally so, because they managed one in the entire 94 minutes, though it was of the highest quality, but against ten men. Even after the sending off City had the majority of the possession and after the equaliser looked the only side likely to go on and win.

The downsides were that Terry and Cahill also performed to the highest standards and Edin and Sergio had as fruitless an afternoon as Costa. It has to be said that they had few set pieces to make anything of and we were back to the days when a corner for us was a real threat. David's delivery was awful and I can't see why Kolorov doesn't take more of our corners. For the second successive home match we conceded directly from a corner to us. For the third successive match we have serious grievances about the refereeing to the point where you have to explore questions of agendas. Ya Ya scythed down against Stoke, Wilshere's handball at the Emirates, (Benatia's kneeing of Silva) and Costa's clear (bookable) foul on Dzeko and Ivanovic's studs on Ya Ya's calf. These are just the "penalty" non-awards but we can go further and explore the question of "consistency". It seems strange to say the least that a side enjoying some 70% of possession emerges from that phase of the game with 4 yellows to 2. The argument was that the four yellows were "what the rules say" and that is perhaps true - but why are the "rules" only applied to City? Why did Terry get nothing for kneeing Sergio after the ball had gone? Why did the smiling, nice boy Cesc get nothing for two clear bookables, and Nastasic (I think) was booked for kicking the ball away when he got nothing for doing to Silva what Silve had been booked for doing to Willian.

So, I was really rather tetchy when I watched those disgraceful highlights on Match of the Day, where all the discussion centred on "the happy/chosen one, tactical genius and by appointment to Her Majesty parker of the bus, the penalty incidents were not shown or discussed and Zaba was roundly condemned for his twitter by those two by appointment to Her Majesty keepers of the metropolitan moral conscience took glee for pointing out that, "though a bit soft" his sending off was "technically within the rules" but were "not having that" when Zaba expressed surprise that Costa had stayed on, meaning, presumably, that garroting is "technically" at least a red card offence.

nwanda said:
FantasyIreland said:
Blueknows said:
Was it a pen on Edin ? motd decide not to even show it let alone discuss it , disgraceful from the bbc

Yep,and on yaya and potentially Aguero,but as ever,he stayed on his feet.

Wank officiating(again)

Anybody got a gif of the dzeko penalty claim?

How on earth is this not a pen? Costa steps right across Dzeko, doesn't get the ball and bundles Dzeko to the ground. Anywhere else on the pitch this is a foul all day long.

http://gfycat.com/CrispMindlessBlueandgoldmackaw

tolmie's hairdoo said:
So positive about our team in the coming weeks.

Bossed it and think the introduction of a fit Jovetic would have asked even more questions.

When Fernando is back, it's going to take something very special to get through our lines.

Yep. I see it too. Coming together all the time. There's an agression and solidity which Mangela adds to, which will give a real platform for the forwards.

We are going to retain the title, and that will elevate this team to the ranks of a truly great team. I'm not a betting man but am half tempted to stick a grand or two on us at 10/3 for the title. A superb bet, that.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
So positive about our team in the coming weeks.

Bossed it and think the introduction of a fit Jovetic would have asked even more questions.

When Fernando is back, it's going to take something very special to get through our lines.

something special = incorrect red card form the ref

(with the way the poor refereeing taking place in front of us week in and out)

I was at the game and very near the Dzeko/Costa incident and thought at the time Dzeko went over too easily, however after seeing that replay it was a nailed on penalty bloody shocking of the officials to miss that.

Dean started off letting a lot of things go which helped the game but then all of a sudden out came the yellows why?

Also I have just watched the highlights on the official website and I am certain Schurrle was offside for their goal.

We are not getting the rub of the green at present, at least Clattenburg proved that he is just a shit ref at the weekend - either that or he just doesn't like teams from the Manchester area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.