Chelsea Thread 16/17

Chelsea have a criminal owner and probably the largest group of "unpleasant" fans in the league...Can't see how any decent human being wouldn't hate them out of principle...

Many would argue Arsenal fans, Spurs fans, Liverpool fans (take your pick) are far more unpleasant than Chelsea fans. Judging your comment, your sentiment isn't surprising, but also very clouded and tribalistic.

Last edited:
I've always quite liked City.. always felt that during the 90s we were very similar, living in the shadow of much bigger fierce rivals, Arsenal being ours. I also would like to think that spurs would get good attendances like you lot did when you fell down the divisions. I was well behind you winning the league that Aguero year, and even now I would far prefer City to win the league than Arsenal or Chelsea or United.

Can't really understand what you lot have against us! I know there was a cup final ages ago... maybe because when we were both rubbish we always beat you? haha. We got 4th ahead of you that one season, but is that at all important now..?

Chelsea have a criminal owner and probably the largest group of "unpleasant" fans in the league...Can't see how any decent human being wouldn't hate them out of principle...

Not all of us mate.

For all sorts of reasons, I’ve always preferred Tottenham to Arsenal or Chelsea,
Funnily enough, despite surviving more than 1200 City games with barely a scratch, my scariest ever moment was watching Tottenham at Anfield in the mid 80s (John Chiedozie scored for Tottenham in a 3-1 defeat)

I was in the Tottenham end with another blue, a rag, and a solitary Spurs fan (a camp hairdresser from Didsbury, but that’s another story)

Anyway, after the game we were followed and then surrounded by a gang of roughly 20 scousers, who were convinced that we were all Tottenham. In fact it was only our northern accents that saved the day as “Camp Jim” kept silent and opened the car door.

We were only laughing about the incident the other day, but at the time it was frightening.

Never really had a problem, mainly because my first ever game was against Chelsea; a 1-1 draw towards the end of 70-71.
Funny because despite our supposed lack of history, we played the same opponents in the ECWC Semi Final the following week.

Were United or Liverpool even in Europe that year?

If we don't win it, I'd like Chelsea to. I see them as "new money" similar to ourselves and they are also outside of the G14 clubs who are supposed to have been disbanded but are still pulling football's strings on account of their "history" as witnessed by the recent changes to coefficients.

Furthermore, they weren't signatories to the infamous Arsenal letter which the rags, scousers and, bizarrely, Spurs all endorsed. For me, that was one of the most heinous examples of attempted football fixing to afflict the English game. Vermin the lot of them.

71m £ loss recorded 2015-2016. Holy balls that's bad.
It sounds bad, but it is due to cancelling Adidas so it was entirely expected by them most likely. When Nike deal comes in, theyll report much better revenue and profit. Although with the amount of extra money their sponsorship deals supposedly will be given them for transfers (100m ish)... i'd suspect their profits wont be "massive"

Don't mind Chelsea. They don't rankle me like other clubs do and they're the lesser evil when it comes to other teams winning the league.

There's a Chelsea fan in one of the classes I teach. Nice little lad, his mum and dad are sound and they take him down to Chelsea every other week from Scarborough to watch them so I'd rather them win it for him, if we can't.

As I just posted in the wrong thread, imo Chelsea's defence is nothing special at all. They are getting away with it & have once already in this game.

The key is their incredible efficiency scoring at the other end, just at the right time. Imo if that stops, so do Chelsea.

If we were as clinical, even our shite defence would be ok most of the time, the pressure would be off.

I think Chelsea will hit a shit spell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.