Chelsea Thread 16/17

Tbh I was purely hoping something might change last season as I knew nobody was actually bothering to try & change anything.

This season, we at least know somebody is pulling their tripe out trying to figure it out.

That, & the fact I don't believe Chelsea can keep this up, gives me plenty of optimism.

I just want us to not fall too far behind Arsenal & Liverpool whilst we are working on it. Not worth worrying about Chelsea. They will either slip back in or run away with it.

Chelsea look strong to me. I think they could win it by winning just 13/14 of their last 21 games. Can't believe we are almost half way through a season. Doesn't seem like a minute ago when it started.

Well if Costa did his knee, their season would be over imo.

That's how close it is.

Bit simplistic that for me. A good coach finds a way. If anything with the position they are in I can see them signing someone in Jan with the Oscar money.

I don't see us being a huge threat currently as our problems won't be solved in a week or two. It will take 3/4 months to iron these out I think.

Well if Costa did his knee, their season would be over imo.

That's how close it is.

Regardless of how Chelsea function over the rest of the season we’ve still got some embarrassing issues that have continued to hamper us for two years.

1/ Recurring injuries to Kompany and Delph, and to a lesser extent, Aguero who never seems to look completely happy with his fitness. Has Gundogan been unlucky or was it yet another poor choice?

2/ In 2012, we had the best defence in the Premier League. Four years later, we’re still trying to replace Lescott and the rest are going backwards.

3/ We’re not exactly blessed with steely resilience when things are going wrong. Too many heads go down, especially our supposed match winners.

Bit simplistic that for me. A good coach finds a way. If anything with the position they are in I can see them signing someone in Jan with the Oscar money.

I don't see us being a huge threat currently as our problems won't be solved in a week or two. It will take 3/4 months to iron these out I think.

Tbh a good coach usually doesn't find a way. Just one of them does each season.

I think they are fucked if Costa goes missing for any reason. They won't become shit, they will just drop points & get overtaken.

Re City, I have no idea if it will take 8 months 8 weeks or 8 days.

I'm confident we'll get it right eventually though.

Regardless of how Chelsea function over the rest of the season we’ve still got some embarrassing issues that have continued to hamper us for two years.

1/ Recurring injuries to Kompany and Delph, and to a lesser extent, Aguero who never seems to look completely happy with his fitness. Has Gundogan been unlucky or was it yet another poor choice?

2/ In 2012, we had the best defence in the Premier League. Four years later, we’re still trying to replace Lescott and the rest are going backwards.

3/ We’re not exactly blessed with steely resilience when things are going wrong. Too many heads go down, especially our supposed match winners.

I don't think there are many great defenders in existence. No marks like Otamendi were being hailed as a genius on here & there are others now getting the same treatement.

Chesea have Luiz & Cahill. Two big useless lumps at Spurs etc.

I think it has to be a team solution long term.

Fair play to Chelsea they are finding ways to win by being solid. They only need to score one or two goals and it's enough.
We might need to write this season off regarding the title but I'm sure we will fine in the long run. Conte has a rigid style and it's proven to be successful in the last few seasons but Pep is working on a more complex system which will take time and I'm sure we will see the benefits in the long run, our fans need to be more patience. Maybe the latter part of this season and next season we will see the rewards of Peps approach.
Chelsea have hit a perfect storm. No injuries, no Champions League, Lucky with officials and the FA (refusing to ban Fabregas). I'm just hoping when they do drop points they have a barren patch and we can capitalise. We need to get maximum points now in the next 3 games just to keep on their coat tails. If we can at least get within 5 points as soon as possible and ramp up some pressure, you just never know. The main concern is that they can relax now, with the cushion they have, they don't need to take risks and can keep ticking along and can even afford to have a couple of off days and still be in the ascendancy

Call me a cynic, but it looks awfully convenient that Costa and Kante both get their 5th yellow card right before an easy home game against Bournemouth, with Spurs away coming up on Jan 2...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.