Chelsea Thread 16/17

As I just posted in the wrong thread, imo Chelsea's defence is nothing special at all. They are getting away with it & have once already in this game.

The key is their incredible efficiency scoring at the other end, just at the right time. Imo if that stops, so do Chelsea.

If we were as clinical, even our shite defence would be ok most of the time, the pressure would be off.

I think Chelsea will hit a shit spell.
They will, everyone does. When it happens though is another thing. Being speculative, the way they're going, they could be so far out in front by the time they hit that bad spell, it wont matter.

Many would argue Arsenal fans, Spurs fans, Liverpool fans (take your pick) are far more unpleasant than Chelsea fans. Judging your comment, your sentiment isn't surprising, but also very clouded and tribalistic.

Well I suppose it all comes down to your attitude towards casual racism... or worse than casual in many cases..

When something like the Paris train happens it's obviously going to be Chelsea fans because their minority of racists is bigger than other PL clubs minority of racists.... Terry was legitimizing hate crimes before the eu referendum made it cool.

What's the worst thing any of those teams fan's you name has done? make fun of the munich air crash? ok maybe the spurs fans chants for wenger and campbell aren't the best, never sang the campbell one myself... could maybe see your point here. Would spurs fans ever go on an anti-gay rampage? doubt it.

Where are the other notorious racist thugs in English football from..? Somewhere far away from chelsea or somewhere like millwall? It's a real thing that isn't as much a part of other clubs as it is these....think that's hard to argue against.

They will, everyone does. When it happens though is another thing. Being speculative, the way they're going, they could be so far out in front by the time they hit that bad spell, it wont matter.

'Could be' but if it turned, it could quite easily be that they go 5 games without a win whilst other teams hit form.

It's not usual that a team gets so many things going perfectly right for them over a whole season.

Even the rags have struggled with that.

'Could be' but if it turned, it could quite easily be that they go 5 games without a win whilst other teams hit form.

It's not usual that a team gets so many things going perfectly right for them over a whole season.

Even the rags have struggled with that.
That's what I keep thinking, then again I was saying the same about Leicester last year even in March / April.

That's what I keep thinking, then again I was saying the same about Leicester last year even in March / April.

Tbh I was purely hoping something might change last season as I knew nobody was actually bothering to try & change anything.

This season, we at least know somebody is pulling their tripe out trying to figure it out.

That, & the fact I don't believe Chelsea can keep this up, gives me plenty of optimism.

I just want us to not fall too far behind Arsenal & Liverpool whilst we are working on it. Not worth worrying about Chelsea. They will either slip back in or run away with it.

That being an example.

42 mins, speculative ball in, goal from Costa.

We no longer put speculative balls in from free kicks, never mind open play. It's all very Pelligrini. At the beginning of the season we were putting free kicks into the box. We seem to assume that defenders will clear it because we are short arses , not taking into account that sometimes they will make mistakes, as our own defence do every week.

We no longer put speculative balls in from free kicks, never mind open play. It's all very Pelligrini. At the beginning of the season we were putting free kicks into the box. We seem to assume that defenders will clear it because we are short arses , not taking into account that sometimes they will make mistakes, as our own defence do every week.

If we had Costa we would.

Pep had Bayern playing lots of balls in to Lewendowski & Muller etc.

Net spend over the last 2 seasons. No matter how you butter it up, our recruitment policy based on trophy return is wank compared to Chelsea.

3345200.jpg

3776892.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.