Chelsea thread 2012/2013 season

Given how solid our pre season has been looking and how shaky Chelsea's has, you clearly can't look past anything other than a Chelsea win in the Charity Shield. I won't be too disheartened though, as we lost it last year too, and I suppose that didn't turn out too bad.

greasedupdeafguy said:
If we play a similar side to what we have been playing I think we will get battered hopefully kompany and few others will return.

well chelsea fans on their forum had been saying the same thing too about their team after their dissapointing preseason. they're especially worried after fielding their best team possible and still get outplayed by brighton

they'll probably back to parking the bus at the CS

I honestly don't fancy Chelsea much this season. For me, the jury is still out on Di Matteo, if it gets to February and they're out the title race, we all know whats going to happen. Abramovich bowed to fan pressure, and thats never usually a good sign.

Unknown_Genius said:
I honestly don't fancy Chelsea much this season. For me, the jury is still out on Di Matteo, if it gets to February and they're out the title race, we all know whats going to happen. Abramovich bowed to fan pressure, and thats never usually a good sign.

I'm pretty sure they're going to get off to a flying start, whether they win the Shield or not. With the players they have, fresh out the gate, they're going to have too much in just sheer skill if not tactics during the back end of the summer and autumn. As we approach the new year however, and the wins don't come as easy, the mental toughness of both the players and manager are required to stay in the race, that's where us and (unfortunately) the Rags will stay on top.

waspish said:
The problem with Chelsea is they can't keep a clean sheet
In pre-season yes, but that's mostly fitness and sharpening up

I think they've bought well (Oscar and Hazard), but they still need a striker

And it may take them some time to bed the new players in.

I'd make Chelsea our biggest rivals for the League - if they buy a striker. Touching wood as I type this in case Torres scores at Villa Pk

Marvin said:
waspish said:
The problem with Chelsea is they can't keep a clean sheet
In pre-season yes, but that's mostly fitness and sharpening up

I think they've bought well (Oscar and Hazard), but they still need a striker

And it may take them some time to bed the new players in.

I'd make Chelsea our biggest rivals for the League - if they buy a striker. Touching wood as I type this in case Torres scores at Villa Pk

Maybe.. They haven't impressed me but like you say it's preseason it's about getting back to fitness

adrianr said:
Given how solid our pre season has been looking and how shaky Chelsea's has, you clearly can't look past anything other than a Chelsea win in the Charity Shield. I won't be too disheartened though, as we lost it last year too, and I suppose that didn't turn out too bad.

Yes, I am ITK.

adrianr said:
adrianr said:

Yes, I am ITK.

Just like every other self proclaimed ITK on here, a complete WUM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.