Chelsea thread 2012/2013 season

It would seem the media have shifted targets after our last win

From The Fail-

Roberto Di Matteo is fighting to save his job only six months after lifting the European Cup.
His Chelsea team have won just three of their last seven games, and defeat against Juventus in Turin on Tuesday would put their Champions League campaign in serious jeopardy.
After starting the season so well, Chelsea's campaign is in danger of falling apart, causing owner Roman Abramovich to lose his patience.

He is not alone. Goalkeeper Petr Cech was at the centre of a heated dressing-room row following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at West Bromwich.
After their game with Juve, Di Matteo's side face Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
These are vital matches for Di Matteo, with Abramovich aware that former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola wants to work at Chelsea when he returns to management next summer.
Cech was furious after Chelsea's poor defensive display left them four points behind Manchester City.
Amid a flurry of expletives, another voice screamed that the display was 'rubbish - and you all know it'.
Other comments that were overheard included the barb: 'Call yourself Champions League winners?' as passions spilled over.
Di Matteo was calmness personified in front of the media a few moments later but back in the dressing room, he too had stomped around in a fashion that was seldom witnessed when he was in charge of West Bromwich.
Chelsea defender David Luiz was surely among those chastised by his colleagues, particularly over the embarrassing lack of discipline in his game.
However, he at least had the good grace to admit what went on, saying: 'We were upset, it is normal. We are disappointed as we should have won this game.'

Asked whether the cacophony of raised voices was the standard reaction, he added: 'Of course it's normal. This is a big club and you cannot lose games.'
The failings in Chelsea's defence are now painfully apparent every time captain John Terry is absent.
They miss not just his quality but his organisational ability, and have conceded an average of two goals in every game without him this season.
'Of course we miss him,' said Di Matteo. 'He's an important player. He gives us confidence at the back - and to the team in general.'
Di Matteo has promised to wield the axe for the Juventus game. Judged on their performances on Saturday alone, defender Luiz and misfiring striker Fernando Torres must be in line for a very public chop. 'It's not just an individual issue,' said the manager.
'As a team we have to defend better. You don't defend with one, you defend with the whole team.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2234917/Roberto-Di-Matteo-fighting-Chelsea-job-Petr-Cech-involved-dressing-room-bust-up.html#ixzz2CfTeqw4h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2CfTeqw4h</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

adrianr said:
2 points from their last 4 games now, 2 draws 2 losses. I presume they're also in a crisis?

To the resident Chelsea fans - How have you actually been playing?
We've been playing well in general but extremely poor finishing has let us down. West Brom fully deserved their win, but they won because we just didn't convert the numerous chances we created when we had the opportunity.

Our finishing is just diabolical at the moment, which is why we're flirting with Falcao.

Castiel said:
adrianr said:
2 points from their last 4 games now, 2 draws 2 losses. I presume they're also in a crisis?

We've been playing well in general but extremely poor finishing has let us down. West Brom fully deserved their win, but they won because we just didn't convert the numerous chances we created when we had the opportunity.

Our finishing is just diabolical at the moment, which is why we're flirting with Falcao.

I thought Chelsea were poor tonight.

Pam said:
Castiel said:
adrianr said:

I thought Chelsea were poor tonight.

They got schooled.
I will be praying hard that Mikel starts against us. That guy is so static that it is unreal. See him ambling back and not even marking anyone for the second goal.

Castiel said:
adrianr said:

Fair enough. Brom looked like they were living a reasonably charmed life from the highlights which is why I asked.

I'm sure you'll turn it around against us at the weekend anyway, always the way.

alky313 said:
Falcao and Torres would be the most expensive strike pair in the history of football.

Even though Torres is fast becoming a monumental oxygen thief.

xzbit04 said:
It would seem the media have shifted targets after our last win

From The Fail-

Roberto Di Matteo is fighting to save his job only six months after lifting the European Cup.
His Chelsea team have won just three of their last seven games, and defeat against Juventus in Turin on Tuesday would put their Champions League campaign in serious jeopardy.
After starting the season so well, Chelsea's campaign is in danger of falling apart, causing owner Roman Abramovich to lose his patience.

He is not alone. Goalkeeper Petr Cech was at the centre of a heated dressing-room row following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at West Bromwich.
After their game with Juve, Di Matteo's side face Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
These are vital matches for Di Matteo, with Abramovich aware that former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola wants to work at Chelsea when he returns to management next summer.
Cech was furious after Chelsea's poor defensive display left them four points behind Manchester City.
Amid a flurry of expletives, another voice screamed that the display was 'rubbish - and you all know it'.
Other comments that were overheard included the barb: 'Call yourself Champions League winners?' as passions spilled over.
Di Matteo was calmness personified in front of the media a few moments later but back in the dressing room, he too had stomped around in a fashion that was seldom witnessed when he was in charge of West Bromwich.
Chelsea defender David Luiz was surely among those chastised by his colleagues, particularly over the embarrassing lack of discipline in his game.
However, he at least had the good grace to admit what went on, saying: 'We were upset, it is normal. We are disappointed as we should have won this game.'

Asked whether the cacophony of raised voices was the standard reaction, he added: 'Of course it's normal. This is a big club and you cannot lose games.'
The failings in Chelsea's defence are now painfully apparent every time captain John Terry is absent.
They miss not just his quality but his organisational ability, and have conceded an average of two goals in every game without him this season.
'Of course we miss him,' said Di Matteo. 'He's an important player. He gives us confidence at the back - and to the team in general.'
Di Matteo has promised to wield the axe for the Juventus game. Judged on their performances on Saturday alone, defender Luiz and misfiring striker Fernando Torres must be in line for a very public chop. 'It's not just an individual issue,' said the manager.
'As a team we have to defend better. You don't defend with one, you defend with the whole team.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2234917/Roberto-Di-Matteo-fighting-Chelsea-job-Petr-Cech-involved-dressing-room-bust-up.html#ixzz2CfTeqw4h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2CfTeqw4h</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It doesn't surprise me he's fighting to save his job. Di Matteo was never their first choice to take over long term from AVB. With Guardiola available, and with City potentially looking at him, Abramovich has a decision to make, stick with RDM, or get Pep, (the man he wanted from the start) before City, or anybody else does.

Just been talking to a chelsea fan i went uni with, the Chelsea lot reckon he's already been told he's gone.

It's all just a matter of keeping the seat warm unitl Pep can sort his shit out and move to the UK... couple of chelsea ITK's ( yeah i know) reckon it could be before the West Ham game

Chelsea are awful and the manager will be sacked before Christmas as I predicted before the season started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.