Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
sh249 said:
whyalwaysyou said:
Mourinho knows exactly what he is doing and by people slagging him off and cursing him after every presser, what he is trying to do is working, Now Fergie is gone he is the best manager on the planet.

Certainly knows what he's doing, and arguably the best manager on the planet. But also fucking boring.

Unfortunately, the press-pack hangs on his every word and no-one has the balls to pull him up when he's talking shit. For example, when he's peddling the ridiculous,'we're the plucky underdogs and a side in transition'-line, it would be nice to hear someone point out the blatantly obvious to him - that they're not in transition, that his only change has been to make them even more pragmatic and boring (if more effective) than they were under Benitez (the two games against Utd and Arsenal that he set out to spoil from the start were amongt the worst I've ever had the misfortune to watch), and that if they don't win the league this season, it would be an obvious disappointment - precisely because both us and the Rags have undergone an actual transition.
I don't agree with this at all. United have gone under a big transition, but it's more the manager being useless. All the teams except for Arsenal and Liverpool have gone through transition this year, no more so than Tottenham.

However, Chelsea are changing a lot more than you are. You may have added 3 players to the starting line up, but the old stars are still there: Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero. The team still know how to win a league. You dropped points away, because your manager was getting used to the league. However, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see that much of a change to the way you are playing now and the way you played the year you won the league. You have upgraded Barry and Dzeko/Balotelli with Negredo and Fernandinho, but they are still asked to do the same job. The formation is very similar, but the key difference is that Silva and Nasri when fit are not asked to put a defensive shift in. Mancini was more a win 2-0 man, where as Pellegrini is more a win 4-2 man.

Chelsea on the other hand are relying on a totally new generation of players. Hazard, Oscar and Cesar have been the stars this season. They too have a new manager, the style of football has changed and the new players have to learn how to win a Premiership title. They need to develop that ruthless mentality.

To put it simply how many players do you hope to bring in to improve your first 11 next season? A centre back and maybe a left back. Chelsea have already bought Matic, are probably going to buy a centre back, a left back and a striker.

I think there is a huge change between the way we play now and the way we played in 11/12. Formation is different, mindset is different, it really is a different style of play IMO.

And I'm not sure how Chelsea are relying on a new generation of players when Willian (8 starts), Schurrle (7 starts) and Etoo (8 starts) are their only new players (De Bruyne made two starts as well).

Our new players, Negredo, Navas and Fernandinho have started 46 games between them.

However, Chelsea are changing a lot more than you are. You may have added 3 players to the starting line up, but the old stars are still there: Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero. The team still know how to win a league. You dropped points away, because your manager was getting used to the league. However, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see that much of a change to the way you are playing now and the way you played the year you won the league. You have upgraded Barry and Dzeko/Balotelli with Negredo and Fernandinho, but they are still asked to do the same job. The formation is very similar, but the key difference is that Silva and Nasri when fit are not asked to put a defensive shift in. Mancini was more a win 2-0 man, where as Pellegrini is more a win 4-2 man.

We may have even added 4 players and a manager, unless of course only Chelsea changing a manager is chalked up. If Silva and Nasri are not asked to put a defensive shift in then they're both good @ impressions.

supercrystal7 said:
sh249 said:
whyalwaysyou said:
Mourinho knows exactly what he is doing and by people slagging him off and cursing him after every presser, what he is trying to do is working, Now Fergie is gone he is the best manager on the planet.

Certainly knows what he's doing, and arguably the best manager on the planet. But also fucking boring.

Unfortunately, the press-pack hangs on his every word and no-one has the balls to pull him up when he's talking shit. For example, when he's peddling the ridiculous,'we're the plucky underdogs and a side in transition'-line, it would be nice to hear someone point out the blatantly obvious to him - that they're not in transition, that his only change has been to make them even more pragmatic and boring (if more effective) than they were under Benitez (the two games against Utd and Arsenal that he set out to spoil from the start were amongt the worst I've ever had the misfortune to watch), and that if they don't win the league this season, it would be an obvious disappointment - precisely because both us and the Rags have undergone an actual transition.
I don't agree with this at all. United have gone under a big transition, but it's more the manager being useless. All the teams except for Arsenal and Liverpool have gone through transition this year, no more so than Tottenham.

Chelsea on the other hand are relying on a totally new generation of players. Hazard, Oscar and Cesar have been the stars this season. They too have a new manager, the style of football has changed and the new players have to learn how to win a Premiership title. They need to develop that ruthless mentality.

To put it simply how many players do you hope to bring in to improve your first 11 next season? A centre back and maybe a left back. Chelsea have already bought Matic, are probably going to buy a centre back, a left back and a striker.

im not sure of your point crystal.
Hazard and oscar played for chelsea last season.they may of played slightly different but so did city.

First of all I would like to clarify that I am not saying City are not in a bit of transition this year too. It's obvious you are with a new manager, altered playing style and 3/4 players brought right into the first team. In fact I previously said that Arsenal and Liverpool would benefit from the transition period the other top teams: United, City, Chelsea and Tottenham had to go through. My point was that Chelsea are in a greater transition.

Oscar and Hazard may have been in the club, but Oscar was not always an automatic starter and was not the no 10. This season they are central to the team.

City have shipped out peripheral players like Balotelli and to some extent Tevez. On the other hand Chelsea have got rid of their best player for the past 2 seasons in Mata.

City bought players in their prime like Fernandinho (28), Negredo (28), Navas (28), a stop gap Demichelis (33) and one a few years from his prime Jovetic (24). Now compare that with Chelsea who bought Shurrle (23), Willian (25), Matic (25), Van Ginkel (21) and stop gap Etoo (32). In both cases the foreigners will probably improve even further next season.

Experienced starters like Cole and Lampard are now pas their best and are on the way out. Terry is aging and despite being under 30 Torres is way past his best. Yaya was the only play past 30 in your squad and is still as good as ever. There is nobody in your squad you need to replace, because they have past their prime.

No fucking clue how 4 minutes turned to 7. Eto'o should have seen a card for that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.