Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
castiel do u imagine that lukaku is gonna be the #1 going into the first game? hes been brilliant in pre-season and was considering picking him up in fantasy but im a bit hesitant that mourinho would try and start ba or torres over him for some dumb reason

cmdub said:
castiel do u imagine that lukaku is gonna be the #1 going into the first game? hes been brilliant in pre-season and was considering picking him up in fantasy but im a bit hesitant that mourinho would try and start ba or torres over him for some dumb reason
On merit Lukaku is our best striker. It'd be unlike Mourinho to persistently start Torres or Ba over Lukaku unless they're performing better than him.

That said Lukaku is only 20. He has a lot to learn and parts of his game needs refining. He's going to be up against packed defences or world class players in the CL which is a considerable change to what he had to deal with for West Brom. I'm hoping he continues his fine form, but I suspect Mourinho recognises that relying on him in the big games would be asking too much too soon.

Castiel a question

Apart from Cech which two players are guaranteed to start your first 2 games?

Fantasy footy and Chelsea play twice

Cheers

morleyswife said:
Castiel a question

Apart from Cech which two players are guaranteed to start your first 2 games?

Fantasy footy and Chelsea play twice

Cheers
Hazard and Ivanovic I guess. Main competition for them are injured atm.

If Eto'o is available, it's a no-brainer, he is an immense player, would be great to see him in the Premier League, I believe we had talks with him a while back but when spuds edged us out of that 4th spot, he backed out, understandably.

You really have got to replace Terry very soon, or at least get cover and maybe Torres then you'll be title favourites for this year

Watched them yesterday against Hull, and whilst it is only one game and versus promoted opposition that is expected to go straight back down again, they never needed to get out of 2nd gear recording a facile win. Looked very much men vs boys I thought and was impressed with them.

strongbowholic said:
Watched them yesterday against Hull, and whilst it is only one game and versus promoted opposition that is expected to go straight back down again, they never needed to get out of 2nd gear recording a facile win. Looked very much men vs boys I thought and was impressed with them.
Yeah, they cruised it, played Hull off the park in the first half, then coasted the second half. There's only so much you can take from such a one sided affair though, Chelsea looked good, but you'd expect that against Hull.

Ive said that this weekend has really told us absolutely nothing because apart from arsenal the teams that should win have won. Chelsea looked outstanding against hull but they should do with the attacking talent they have but is their defence good enough should they come under attack, same could be said for spurs, their attack looked ok but they looked wide open at the back and a team with a bit of craft would have won that game yesterday.

mancboy said:
Ive said that this weekend has really told us absolutely nothing because apart from arsenal the teams that should win have won. Chelsea looked outstanding against hull but they should do with the attacking talent they have but is their defence good enough should they come under attack, same could be said for spurs, their attack looked ok but they looked wide open at the back and a team with a bit of craft would have won that game yesterday.

Most of the press, as usual have been fawning over Maureen's return.

Hailing him as some reinvented, even more special than before, genius.

Yesterday was typical Maureen, quick start with high pressing, get in front then kill the game.

Having said that, I still think they're the team to beat for me this season.

BTW cheers for the De Bruyne info earlier in the week Castiel, 6 points so far, no-one else in my fantasy league had him in.

Watched the chelsea game last night. Hull were totally out of their depth in the 1st hall and could hardly get out of their own half but faired slightly better in the 2nd half

It did not show anything for me in terms of have chelsea improved since mourinho's arrival. We are all aware of the strength they have going forward, their main issue is a lack of defensive strength in midfield and the lack of pace they have in cahill and terry in the back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.