Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaineBlue88 said:
Diego Simeone has not denied interest in Juan Mata on loan in his post match presser today and said the interest in him is very serious and things are happening, blimey.

Wow!!

Seriously though, I think you have to ask the question if the Madrid Spanish players have said anything to Mata at the Confederations Cup about Mourinho,

From what I gathered last season, the reason for Madrid's failure with Mourinho was the relationship he has with the Spanish players.

Madness loaning him in my opinion, Atletico are getting an absolute gift if Chelsea agree to it.

sam-caddick said:
MaineBlue88 said:
Diego Simeone has not denied interest in Juan Mata on loan in his post match presser today and said the interest in him is very serious and things are happening, blimey.

Wow!!

Seriously though, I think you have to ask the question if the Madrid Spanish players have said anything to Mata at the Confederations Cup about Mourinho,

From what I gathered last season, the reason for Madrid's failure with Mourinho was the relationship he has with the Spanish players.

Madness loaning him in my opinion, Atletico are getting an absolute gift if Chelsea agree to it.

Some of them. Arbeloa and Callejon were heavily pro-Mourinho. Xabi Alonso too.

Madrid could have signed Mata or Silva some years ago but Mourinho said because they aren't physical players. He signed Di Maria.
And as for what we have seen this season, Oscar will be the player behind the 3 strikers.

Mourinho has got the scum over at ragcafe all ruffled up with his latest comments about rooney.

Mourinho said that he is only trying for a player that Moyes said was his second choice, he is not going for RVP, their first choice.
Rags are all worried that Mourinho is trying to unsettle their player, despite of the fact that it was Slur whiskey nose, who first said that Rooney wants to leave the swamp, much before Mourinho had even landed on English shores.

Scouse_Jimi said:
So Chelsea continue the Mourinho yawn-fest

Can't help but think his second coming is misguided optimism, seems like he's stuck in the past when footballs moved on...hope I'm proved wrong as I like Mourinho
I expected a more potent lineup but he certainly caught them off guard. Nobody expected the team he sent out. A draw away to the champions, and keeping them out for the first time since 2009 is not to be sniffed at. I think he went there to win with a surprise tactic, but the Schurrle experiment never took off and we settled for the point. Both sides were cagey throughout, showing eachother a bit too much respect - which made it a dull tactical affair. Looked more like a game from the Italian league than the Prem.

But a point is much better for us than for them, especially with City's surprise loss this weekend. They've still got to come to Stamford Bridge.

Castiel said:
But a point is much better for us than for them, especially with City's surprise loss this weekend. They've still got to come to Stamford Bridge.

Can't help thinking you missed a trick though mate, lots of early pressure and maybe a goal would've had the crowd nervous in moyes' first home game.

I'd have gone for Lukaku, De Brunye to the bench and Schurrle on the right....would have been a bit more for them to handle on a big night

Scouse_Jimi said:
Can't help thinking you missed a trick though mate, lots of early pressure and maybe a goal would've had the crowd nervous in moyes' first home game.

I'd have gone for Lukaku, De Brunye to the bench and Schurrle on the right....would have been a bit more for them to handle on a big night
I agree with you. We were more than capable of winning there. I wouldn't have started Lampard either. But he played a gambit and it didn't pay off (attack wise anyway). But in true Mourinho style, if we can't win - we don't lose.

I remember when we went to OT under AVB. We played some absolutely blistering football, pinning them back for the entire first half as Mata, Hazard and Oscar ran riot - and they wrecked us 3-0 on the counter with only 3 chances (to something stupid like 10 for us). I much prefer this cagey tactical draw, to the spanking we got for all our great football before.

It seems some times there really is no smoke without fire: Mata seems to not be wanted by Mourinho.

Anyway today was a boring game and I don't like the way Mourinho is taking Chelsea. He is not getting the best out of the attacking players and playing Lampard is too sentiment. I have always championed Lampard, but he is not the player he used to be and leads to the midfield being outplayed. Mourinho maybe too rigid for the flair players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.