Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
GHoddle said:
I wonder if the Chelsea fan earlier in the thread still thinks they are fine in central midfield? Lampard and Ramires is a ridiculously porous midfield, especially compared to what Jose had at Chelsea before - Makelele, Essien, and Lampard, Ballack added later.

The game itself was dour imo, more like watching Wigan vs Sunderland than United vs Chelsea. I wasn't particularly impressed by either team. Chelsea need two players added to their team - a top class striker, and a midfielder who can read the game defensively, make interceptions and tackle, protect the back 4. United also needs another midfielder, but one who will be a bit more advanced than Carrick. They also need another winger imo because if you are starting Valencia and bringing on Young in his place then you need more quality in that position. But you can tell that they are playing essentially the same way they were last season, Moyes hasn't changed much at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson is still making the decisions behind the scenes.

-- Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 am --

Crouchinho said:
Another lucky decision for Chelsea last night, ripped off villa and now united. If fergie had been in charge that would have been a penno. Didn't mind the draw personally, I'm happy with the top 6 teams dropping points every week if possible!!

I'm happy with the other 5 dropping points as long as we don't! Yes I hadn't realized that though, all of last season's top 6 other than us dropped points, so good weekend. If we beat the Arse next week we go top of the league since Liverpool will probably not beat United.
The game was poor I agree. Terry and rooney looked very good at times though. We'll soon find out if shrek stays

Willian is awarded a work permit and officially signed. We've also apparently signed another winger Christian Atsu from Porto who will be loaned back out. Presumably this one is to make a profit.

0,,10268~12180182,00.jpg

If he's holding his shirt, who's shirt is he wearing?

Good steal off Spurs that...hope Mata leaves now and goes abroad, can't have him being wasted on the bench for the season, for some reason feeling that Mourinho has lost his mojo - no reasons for this, just a hunch (which will probably be wrong)

Scouse_Jimi said:
If he's holding his shirt, who's shirt is he wearing?

Good steal off Spurs that...hope Mata leaves now and goes abroad, can't have him being wasted on the bench for the season, for some reason feeling that Mourinho has lost his mojo - no reasons for this, just a hunch (which will probably be wrong)
Mourinho said that he wants a 22 man squad (outfield players) which means 2 for every position. This is exactly how he did it last time. In our attacking midfield 3, we've got Willian/KDB - Mata/Oscar - Hazard/Schurrle. As stated repeatedly, Mata isn't going anywhere. For all the criticism we got last year for overworking Mata, Hazard and Oscar who had to start almost every game; I find it amazing that we're now criticised for having too much depth. The tactical flexibility we've got with these players is unrivalled in the league. It's just a shame we weren't able to secure a top striker - but we'll see who plan B is in the next few days.

looks like Eto'o.

Still the most surprising thing is that it didn't seem like Mourinho even tried to sign a dominant ball-winner in midfield. They could field a team that would make Barca look heavyweight

Cameroon's FA have apparently reported that he's signed for us subject to a medical as well. I think he'll be a great stop gap for the year (which is obviously his purpose). Provided he's maintained his fitness in Russia he's a massive upgrade on Torres/Ba. I suspect next summer we'll either go back in for Rooney, or try to woo Lewandowski since his contract will have expired.

if the eto'o story is true i really want to see how the negative one will keep all torres ba lukaku and eto'o happy and castiel even if you said that mata will still be at chelsea for me keeping him on the bench against the rags it's a signal mou don't really fancy him and will let him go

MihaiCity said:
if the eto'o story is true i really want to see how the negative one will keep all torres ba lukaku and eto'o happy and castiel even if you said that mata will still be at chelsea for me keeping him on the bench against the rags it's a signal mou don't really fancy him and will let him go
Mourinho doesn't seem to rate Torres or Ba. Ba will probably go out on loan or be sold and we can't get rid of Torres so I suspect he'll end up being backup for Eto'o and Lukaku as the season goes on. Regardless of how he feels about it.

Mata didn't play against United because of fitness issues more than anything. He's just returned from injury and looked well off the pace against Villa. Why play an unfit Mata away to the champions when you've got a fully fit Oscar? The fact that Mourinho has categorically denied that Mata is leaving in five separate interviews is why I believe this is nonsense. He hasn't been shady or elusive about it, every time he's asked he says the rumour is rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.