Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castiel said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
If he's holding his shirt, who's shirt is he wearing?

Good steal off Spurs that...hope Mata leaves now and goes abroad, can't have him being wasted on the bench for the season, for some reason feeling that Mourinho has lost his mojo - no reasons for this, just a hunch (which will probably be wrong)
Mourinho said that he wants a 22 man squad (outfield players) which means 2 for every position. This is exactly how he did it last time. In our attacking midfield 3, we've got Willian/KDB - Mata/Oscar - Hazard/Schurrle. As stated repeatedly, Mata isn't going anywhere. For all the criticism we got last year for overworking Mata, Hazard and Oscar who had to start almost every game; I find it amazing that we're now criticised for having too much depth. The tactical flexibility we've got with these players is unrivalled in the league. It's just a shame we weren't able to secure a top striker - but we'll see who plan B is in the next few days.

Do you think though that Mata will be Jose's first choice player for the position behind the striker? He seems to prefer Oscar there and that is also probably Willian's best position. Your point about rotation is a good one but honestly he's going to start what he thinks is the strongest team in every league game, which means that at least 2 of those players are probably not going to be getting many starting appearances in the league. The reason the Willian purchase is unusual is because he's almost the exact same thing as Hazard - right footed left winger/#10.

Anyway it will be interesting to get a sense of who is favored out of those players. I'm surprised that you haven't bought a defensive midfielder yet though.

So it looks like Eto'o is back at chelski.... not gonna lie, he is ont of my favorite players on the planet (at least before he went to Russia). Im very happy to be able to watch him again as I think he could play at a high level until he is 40, just sad its Chelsea.

Castiel said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
If he's holding his shirt, who's shirt is he wearing?

Good steal off Spurs that...hope Mata leaves now and goes abroad, can't have him being wasted on the bench for the season, for some reason feeling that Mourinho has lost his mojo - no reasons for this, just a hunch (which will probably be wrong)
Mourinho said that he wants a 22 man squad (outfield players) which means 2 for every position. This is exactly how he did it last time. In our attacking midfield 3, we've got Willian/KDB - Mata/Oscar - Hazard/Schurrle. As stated repeatedly, Mata isn't going anywhere. For all the criticism we got last year for overworking Mata, Hazard and Oscar who had to start almost every game; I find it amazing that we're now criticised for having too much depth. The tactical flexibility we've got with these players is unrivalled in the league. It's just a shame we weren't able to secure a top striker - but we'll see who plan B is in the next few days.

so much spending by chelsea. yet mourinho has the audacity to criticize man city for spending money.

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
So it looks like Eto'o is back at chelski.... not gonna lie, he is ont of my favorite players on the planet (at least before he went to Russia). Im very happy to be able to watch him again as I think he could play at a high level until he is 40, just sad its Chelsea.
Back at Chelsea, eh? When was he there the bloody first time? But yeah, not good for us at all. Willian, Eto'o, Schürrle, on top of Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Lukaku, plus Mourinho.

Chelsea have bought so many players I don't know how they can justify it. They wont be able to keep them all happy. They will probably have a similar situation that they had the first time Mourinho arrived and spent a fortune. Next summer a whole wave of players will leave but for considerably less. You do need the strength in depth but it seems excessive. Players can play in more than one position, there will surely be a few players unhappy and isolated come January.

Please for the sake of his fukin career sell lukaku. dont know what this kids got to do for some recognition. they just seem to keep fukin buying players/ strikers and yet hes the best and highest potential out there. Chavs where bitching about why did they loan him look at all those goals now that hes back its back to the bench.. dont understand this shit tbh.

Only a one year deal for Etoo?

Looks like he's stop gap and they're lining up a big signing next year, Falcao maybe?

GHoddle said:
Do you think though that Mata will be Jose's first choice player for the position behind the striker? He seems to prefer Oscar there and that is also probably Willian's best position. Your point about rotation is a good one but honestly he's going to start what he thinks is the strongest team in every league game, which means that at least 2 of those players are probably not going to be getting many starting appearances in the league. The reason the Willian purchase is unusual is because he's almost the exact same thing as Hazard - right footed left winger/#10.

Anyway it will be interesting to get a sense of who is favored out of those players. I'm surprised that you haven't bought a defensive midfielder yet though.
I think the attacking midfield 3 will be rotated a lot depending on the opposition. He said that these 3 positions are the most demanding on the pitch, because of the high pressing game he wants to employ. I can understand why he wanted to be able to switch them out without sacrificing quality - but I would have liked to have given Moses an opportunity even if he clearly isn't at the standard of the others.

Willian has played most of his career from the right. I suspect he and KDB will primarily be used on the right wing, Mata and Oscar in the centre, and Hazard/Schurrle on the left. Most of them are capable anywhere on that line though so we'll probably see a lot of experimentation and interchanging as the season goes on.

AntiUnited said:
Please for the sake of his fukin career sell lukaku. dont know what this kids got to do for some recognition. they just seem to keep fukin buying players/ strikers and yet hes the best and highest potential out there. Chavs where bitching about why did they loan him look at all those goals now that hes back its back to the bench.. dont understand this shit tbh.

Ba is going so we'll have Eto'o, Torres and Lukaku. I suspect Torres will quickly fall out of favour and behind Lukaku if current performances continue. We've only got Torres because he's impossible to offload. We have to run his contract down.

bluethunder said:
so much spending by chelsea. yet mourinho has the audacity to criticize man city for spending money.

He never criticised anyone's spending.

st. blue said:
Only a one year deal for Etoo?

Looks like he's stop gap and they're lining up a big signing next year, Falcao maybe?

I would imagine its due to his age...

He's probably like 37, what with those fake certificates in those countries and all...

Still far and away Chelsea's best striking option and clinical as the day is long. Will score 25 in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.