Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
So it looks like Eto'o is back at chelski.... not gonna lie, he is ont of my favorite players on the planet (at least before he went to Russia). Im very happy to be able to watch him again as I think he could play at a high level until he is 40, just sad its Chelsea.
Hes just signed a 1 year deal. talkshite

Officially signed.

0,,10268~12183498,00.jpg

Sounds like it'll pretty much be a free transfer. He's taken a 50% wage cut to come here too so if he scores anything above 4 in the league this season, he'll have been worth it.

Castiel said:
Officially signed.

0,,10268~12183498,00.jpg

Sounds like it'll pretty much be a free transfer. He's taken a 50% wage cut to come here too so if he scores anything above 4 in the league this season, he'll have been worth it.

4??? set your sights high wont don't you!! should be looking for at least double figures form him.

Mayor West said:
4??? set your sights high wont don't you!! should be looking for at least double figures form him.
It means he'll have outperformed Torres and Ba.

Castiel said:
Officially signed.

0,,10268~12183498,00.jpg

Maybe they offered to throw in some socks to swing the deal, scruffy git.

I'm feeling much more confident about our title bid now the more I think about this. We haven't had a competent striker leading our line since Drogba left (and he hardly played in the league in his last season). It's amazing that we've suffered through two years of it. Provided his technique hasn't turned to shit, this could be exactly what we needed.

Mourinho said that we needed a striker capable of linkup play with our attacking midfield and one who can work in tight spaces against a packed defence. Torres is woeful at this. Eto'o having played most of his football for Barcelona is well seasoned against this kind of opposition.

--------------------- Cech --------------------

Ivanovic ------ Luiz ------ Terry ------ Cole

--------- Ramires ------ Van Ginkel -------

-- Willian --------- Mata -------- Hazard --

-------------------- Eto'o --------------------

GK: Schwarzer
Defence: Cahill, Kalas, Bertrand, Azpilicueta.
CM: Lampard, Essien, Mikel.
AM: De Bruyne, Schurrle, Oscar.
ST: Torres, Lukaku.

I have no doubt that MVG is going to become a regular in our side this season but Jose seems to be edging him in at the moment. I sometimes forget but Mikel was a beast for Hiddink and Jose had ample opportunity to ship him out (we had a few bids) and yet he stayed so I'm interested to see what his plans are with him. He also seems to have turned Essien's career back around and our defence already looks well drilled and organised.

I'm confident in this team across the pitch now as striker was my main concern. If Eto'o hasn't lost his clinical instincts, I think we're finally getting back to our former strength after a few years on the sidelines. He does remain a short term solution though and we will be back in the market for a top striker next summer.

Signing confirms the stitch up on Monday.

Mourinho needs a point advantage over us. He knows he can take the rags.

Saw him in the Europa League last season. Wasn't great but then Anzhi under-performed massively

If Eto'o has still got it, then this will improve them significantly. Drogba and Anelka have left holes that have never been filled......until now?

It will be very interesting to see how he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.