Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
Cannot believe you didn't keep Lukaku and get rid of Ba...madness
Got a feeling it was at his request. Everything was pointing to Ba going until tonight. I think he felt out of his depth against Bayern and felt he needed another season taking a step up. Everton is a step up from WBA and if he performs well for them (he could realistically be their first choice CF) he'll have 2 full seasons of Prem experience and be that bit older. I'm not thrilled about it but if he ends up starting every week it'll be worth it. Better for his development than coming on with 10 minutes to go for us.

Castiel said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Cannot believe you didn't keep Lukaku and get rid of Ba...madness
Got a feeling it was at his request. Everything was pointing to Ba going until tonight. I think he felt out of his depth against Bayern and felt he needed another season taking a step up. Everton is a step up from WBA and if he performs well for them (he could realistically be their first choice CF) he'll have 2 full seasons of Prem experience and be that bit older. I'm not thrilled about it but if he ends up starting every week it'll be worth it. Better for his development than coming on with 10 minutes to go for us.
Would have been better and braver to just play him this season. He will most likely improve and it will help build the understanding with the other young players in the team. Disappointing for him to be loaned out.

Some big mistakes by Jose today in the Transfer Window.

I was very impressed by Moses last Season and even more impressed by what Lukaku achieved at West Brom. I can't believe he has let them both go out on loan; and to sides that are chasing top six.

Chelsea are weaker today than they were yesterday.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Some big mistakes by Jose today in the Transfer Window.

I was very impressed by Moses last Season and even more impressed by what Lukaku achieved at West Brom. I can't believe he has let them both go out on loan; and to sides that are chasing top six.

Chelsea are weaker today than they were yesterday.
Letting Moses go, though I like him as former Palace and hoped as unlikely as possible he would come home does not make them weaker. Letting him go to Liverpool is crazy. Just crazy. I believe they will regret that. The same with Lukaku.

The loan moves may not be best for Chelsea in the short run, but at least they acted in the interest of the players.

Moses needs to be playing regularly with World Cup next year and he is one of the main players of Nigerian squad. He was not goin to get regular game time at Chelsea ahead of Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Willian, KDB n Schurrle. Similarly, Lukaku is too raw for top level right now as evident from the matches he played for chelsea. If he can use his height and strength to good effect, one feels he will be a hit at Everton given Baines' expertise on crosses and set pieces.

bleed.blue said:
The loan moves may not be best for Chelsea in the short run, but at least they acted in the interest of the players.

Moses needs to be playing regularly with World Cup next year and he is one of the main players of Nigerian squad. He was not goin to get regular game time at Chelsea ahead of Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Willian, KDB n Schurrle. Similarly, Lukaku is too raw for top level right now as evident from the matches he played for chelsea. If he can use his height and strength to good effect, one feels he will be a hit at Everton given Baines' expertise on crosses and set pieces.

Exactly. It's cocky of Jose to send two good players to some strong teams, especially Liverpool. But it'll certainly give them both first team opportunities at high profile clubs in the league with ambitious goals in a world cup year. Chelsea just needs to hope Eto'o still has it.

At least the rest of you now have to face a stronger Liverpool and Everton than we do.

Castiel said:

Not sure about better for his development? Surely being with a World Class coach in Mourinho and playing with better players would aide him more? I guess there could be issues around mentality considering the penalty miss in the final...still, can't fathom out why - I'd have had him in the team over Ba any day of the week.

Scouse_Jimi said:
Castiel said:

Not sure about better for his development? Surely being with a World Class coach in Mourinho and playing with better players would aide him more? I guess there could be issues around mentality considering the penalty miss in the final...still, can't fathom out why - I'd have had him in the team over Ba any day of the week.

Lukaku would have been easier to send out on loan.
For Ba, Chelsea claimed they had deals with non-CL teams but Ba did not want to go there. Chelsea did not want to loan him to Arsenal. No one was gonna take Torres.

Scouse_Jimi said:
At his age, regular playing time is going to be very important. He'd be competing with Torres and Eto'o. Torres I'm confident he'd outshine, but he isn't going to start league games above Eto'o (if he performs like I and Mourinho believes he will). A season leading the line for Everton, a team who play more of a passing game and face a parked bus quite frequently, will help him develop his weakest aspects. Namely his close control and ability to work a packed defence with little space.

It's a different challenge to WBA with more pressure, as Everton have ambitions beyond avoiding relegation. He apparently rejected a return to WBA for Everton on Mourinho's advice so I suspect this has been well discussed, and it does make a lot of sense. It's not great for us as I believe he could do a job for us now, but it's certainly better for him - and that's great for us in the long term. It'd be a waste of time if he went back to a team who get plenty of space and chances on the counter, which is why Jose encouraged him to go to Everton. By the looks of it they really could use him as well, so hopefully he sees plenty of minutes.

This also has the added advantage of making Everton a LOT more dangerous for the rest of you than us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.