Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
I hope some of you are right and not shooting your bolt too soon with some of your comments?

Jose hasn't become a bad manager overnight but there is still something 'off' about Chelsea at the moment. Leaving aside their striker situation, which makes our faux pas over the CB situation look like a model of prudent planning, I question how much control of the situation Mourinho has when it comes to buying Willian or loaning Lukaku. It was said prior to him going to Chelsea that he had to work with their DoF as part of the deal for his return and whilst he may have agreed to this and the restrictions it brings, I just don't feel his heart is in Chelsea this time round nor is his heart in fighting the political battles for control given the bruising he took at Madrid. Mourinho doesn't have much faith in his squad or the team (hence the constant message about it being young and needing time to develop) and if the manager doesn't think its good enough then why should the players.

Jose should have taken a time out and waited for something else to come along. Going back is a mistake and not healthy for both parties.

They bought the wrong players in summer. Buying Willian was a stupid move and done only to spite us (we got a better player with Eriksen anyway), they really needed to spend some money on a DM and a striker, which I said all summer. Now they have Mikel, Eto, and Torres for those positions. Eto could be good, idk, but they should have bought a top quality young striker like Jackson Martinez and a DM like Gustavo.

Too soon to put Eto'o in the Torres category. He still looks pretty quick. Maybe he's just adapting? He's played poorly so far, but if h has the pace, you'd think the rest of his game will return?

Why gamble on a 32 year old who may or may not still have what it takes?

I don't get the criticism Mourinho is getting from some quarters for rotating his team. Everyone else does it. We certainly have, though that maybe more down to injury more than design.

Mourinho will spend his way out of it anyway...either in Jan or next Summer. He loves to spend bigger than everyone else.

It's funny how Chelsea are talked about as some young side....haha. Hilarious. The youngsters they do play i.e Hazard and Oscar cost about 50m. And Mourinho didnt have the stones to give Lukaku a chance.

BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:
I hope some of you are right and not shooting your bolt too soon with some of your comments?

Jose hasn't become a bad manager overnight but there is still something 'off' about Chelsea at the moment. Leaving aside their striker situation, which makes our faux pas over the CB situation look like a model of prudent planning, I question how much control of the situation Mourinho has when it comes to buying Willian or loaning Lukaku. It was said prior to him going to Chelsea that he had to work with their DoF as part of the deal for his return and whilst he may have agreed to this and the restrictions it brings, I just don't feel his heart is in Chelsea this time round nor is his heart in fighting the political battles for control given the bruising he took at Madrid. Mourinho doesn't have much faith in his squad or the team (hence the constant message about it being young and needing time to develop) and if the manager doesn't think its good enough then why should the players.

Jose should have taken a time out and waited for something else to come along. Going back is a mistake and not healthy for both parties.

The Lukaku decision is a very strange one, i thought he'd be right up JM street with him being a Drogbaesque type player.

I did ask Castiel on another thread about his thoughts on it but i don't think he replied, i'd be interested to hear what Chelsea fans think of that decision?

Danamy said:
BobKowalski said:
Danamy said:

The Lukaku decision is a very strange one, i thought he'd be right up JM street with him being a Drogbaesque type player.

I did ask Castiel on another thread about his thoughts on it but i don't think he replied, i'd be interested to hear what Chelsea fans think of that decision?

Since Kowalski agreed with me for a brief minute yesterday (or the day before) I'll return the favour today. I think it was a mistake for him to go back. Chelsea are going holistic whether Mourinho likes it or not and the kingmakers there Emenalo and Granovskaia are going to make him dance to their tune.

The Lukaku loan is typical Mourinho politics. He's loaned out their best centre forward knowing that they could well struggle but also knowing that he'll be able to say in January "I told you we should've bought Cavani/Falcao".

I don't think it'll go tits up simply because he's one of the best managers in the world and Chelsea still have some formidable players and IMO a pretty formidable squad. Looking forward to playing them - no love lost between Pellegrini and Mourinho.

BillyShears said:
I don't think it'll go tits up simply because he's one of the best managers in the world and Chelsea still have some formidable players and IMO a pretty formidable squad. Looking forward to playing them - no love lost between Pellegrini and Mourinho.

Chelsea have formidable players BUT not for Mourinho's system. Mourinho hardly looks the flexible kind.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:
Can't think of any returning manager that's done anything other than fail in our league Dan.

Dario Gradi at Crew or Nigel Pearson at Leicester? granted there not in the Premiership but still had a successful spell or is having a successful season. I expect Chelsea to win the league. Pretty easily if truth be told but hopefully he can fuck Mata off along the way.

Kun Aguero said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Danamy said:
Can't think of any returning manager that's done anything other than fail in our league Dan.

Dario Gradi at Crew or Nigel Pearson at Leicester? granted there not in the Premiership but still had a successful spell or is having a successful season. I expect Chelsea to win the league. Pretty easily if truth be told but hopefully he can fuck Mata off along the way.

Do you really think Chelsea's squad is better than ours?

We're stronger defensively, in midfield apart from their abundance of attacking mids, and up front.

We'll finish above them in my view and by a comfortable margin. (5 points at least)

For me to much of them being title favourites is about Mouriniho going back, and i think his squad now is nowhere near as good as the one he had first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.