Chelsea Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue_Mist said:
Looks like it'll be us and the rags challenging for the title this season.

Far too early to write them off yet, we've been very inconsistent too and United haven't been too clever in the league, leaning heavily on the referees already (Palace game).

Some people don't realise just how little difference there is between the Spanish Drink Waiter and some of the " higher profile" managers still around or now gone.

If Benitez had the same squad as Whisky nose had and what Jose had in his first spell at Chelsea I suspect the trophy haul would be very similar.

I hope MP makes a roaring success of his time at City although I have my doubts on his ability with a side expected to win things but RB would make us a real force to be reckoned with.

I think Juventus have some real competition now despite the fact that Napoli have lost one of the best strikers going around.

Blue_Mist said:
Looks like it'll be us and the rags challenging for the title this season.

If we don't tighten up our defensive phase and stop giving sides so many chances we have no chance.

We are far too open for my liking, even against Plzen we were too open at times, despite the clean sheet.

The cookie monster said:
AntiUnited said:
Again loaning your best striker was the dumbest move ive seen for a while.
Wasn't it just
While keeping one who's shot to piece's and buying another who looks finished

I doubt hes shot to piece's he was by far there best striker potentially and current form(pre season he was scoring constantly)

They will be up there no doubt about it, but they are not the shoe in that so many people on here and in the media said, as I am tied of saying the season is not won in September

Castiel said:
bleed.blue said:
So far this season,
Chelsea have won 2 games (vs newly promoted Hull and Aston Villa)
Drawn a game vs Manchester United
and lost to Bayern Munich and Everton.

They failed to score in both their away PL games (both games that they won under Rafa Benitez last season).
How much time before the panic sets in?
What would have been the fan's reaction if Benitez had subbed out their most creative player (Mata) in a game they were trailing?
I don't think Man City, Spurs, Arsenal etc will be picking up a lot of points from Everton and United away. We beat United last season when they had nothing to play for, not because of Benitez. We'd beaten them several times previously in cups but in the league they just couldn't be arsed. We beat Everton because Lampard scored a brace, they completely outplayed us last season. This season we outplayed them, had more than double their shots on goal and even beat them in possession when they're trying to play like a Spanish team (and had higher possession stats than anyone in the league previously).

We just got really unlucky in front of goal and conceded a poor one. If we had gone there and been dominated or failed to create any chances, there would be a problem. Sometimes you just have one of those matches where nothing comes off (I thought Stoke had a similar match yesterday). As it stands we went there and were the better team, created a lot of chances and just missed them. I don't think many will go to Goodison and outplay them. Just got to hope they collect maximum points from the rest of you as well. Of course I'd have preferred a game like last year where we didn't really deserve to win and we did, but on performance we did a lot better than United or City any lady luck just wasn't with us.

We finally get a couple of easier games now to build some momentum.

i disagree,WBA went there and got a point which wouldn't have been the case if Moyes was there.A teams which is under a new manager and a new system deploy by the manager should have been a game of equals, leaving there without a point is a major backlash for me to right home about.A team that was organized and clinical at goal with less striker wasn't praised but rather criticized because of the manager wasn't fair to the team,now u defended a manager who has increased is striking department and also made it to all the fans he's here to win and win convincing.i guess you are those people who called him to come back and now u are hiding been your back to criticize him for this performance cause is ur favorite.it is said "be careful with what u wish for".<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:10 pm --<br /><br />
Blueband Brother said:
Mourinho went through an enormous psychological and emotional battle in Spain with the feuds and politics and I think that has taken a lot out of him.

Not the same man.
he's a new person as stated by him and i believe he has and now his showing what he can really do when is under pressure,they called him out to come save them from their so called Rafa who was doing the best of jobs a professional manager can do but the fans were lost with hate towards him that they couldn't see what he was doing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.