Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so but with UEFA you never know ;-)

No Hazard. Hudson Odoi and RLC out for a long time and a transfer ban. Next season could be a bit of a struggle for the new man (assuming Sarri is leaving). I guess at least the pressure will be off a bit and expectations a bit lower.

You know, my view on this fluctuates a bit.

I initially thought it might be the worst possible situation for Lampard to walk into, as the conditions to succeed is literally not there. But I now think it could be a great time to ease into the job - the expectations are low, he'll have the whole season to blood the incredible academy graduates, identify the holes in the team so we're ready for next summer. It's a free hit - he could still exceed expectations and secure top 4 or do some damage in the CL, since anything can happen in knockout games.

I obviously have no idea but I would be surprised if they would look to sign a young winger who has just had a serious injury. I imagine they will wait to see how/if he recovers then reassess. Also, it looks like they Fancy Sane so probably wouldn't have an immediate need for Hudson-Odi

They turned their attention away from Hudson-Odoi as soon as the window closed in January, and we had reports of a new contract in February. The injury happened in late April.

I’ve seen little of Odi, looks good but not sure if he’s top class, you will have a better idea seeing more of him.

I wouldn't call him a generational talent, but he's top class, no ifs and buts imo.

I wouldn't call him a generational talent, but he's top class, no ifs and buts imo.
Fair enough, it’s a shame he will be out for a chunk of the season, he should get plenty of game time when fit due to the transfer ban. It’s always goo to see Academy players getting a chance.

@Vialli98 What are your thoughts on some of the loan army getting a chance with the transfer ban in place?

Kenedy, Mount, Musonda, Batshuyai, Abraham, etc - any of these worth keeping around or do you see the club sending them out again/selling them?

Fair enough, it’s a shame he will be out for a chunk of the season, he should get plenty of game time when fit due to the transfer ban. It’s always goo to see Academy players getting a chance.

For sure.

It's a crying shame for both him and Loftus-Cheek because they had both just started be first team regulars, and would have for sure started the EL final, and would have certainly started next season as the clear first choice in their positions, especially with the transfer ban.

@Vialli98 What are your thoughts on some of the loan army getting a chance with the transfer ban in place?

Kenedy, Mount, Musonda, Batshuyai, Abraham, etc - any of these worth keeping around or do you see the club sending them out again/selling them?

I'll go through them one by one.

Kenedy has no chance. He's bang average. He could be a decent squad player, but we could easily flip him for a decent profit, so he should be sold.

Mount is a wonderful talent and, especially in light of RLC's long-term injury, should be kept and pushed straight into the first team.

Musonda has just recently come back from a long-term injury of his own. He'll probably go on loan again to get his match sharpness back.

We have to bring one of Batshuayi or Abraham back. It doesn't look like the club will extend Higuain's loan, so we'll just be left with Giroud. One of them can rotate with Giroud for the #1 spot.

I think the biggest source of excitement for Chelsea fans is definitely Reece James - he is genuinely exceptional and will rival Alexander-Arnold in the England team in no time, if we handle him right. If it was up to me, I'd bring him straight into the first team and sit Azpilicueta on the bench next season.

(If you want to have snoop at what Wigan fans think of him after just 1 season on loan there - his first ever season at pro level - https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/reece-james.93981/ )

Beyond that, we also have more senior guys like Zouma, Van Ginkel etc. So I think we'll be ok to challenge for top 4 again, with or without Sarri.

EDIT: If we bring in Lampard, all of the above will be sure to receive a fair chance to show what they can do.

Pulisic Giroud Pedro
Barkley Kante
Emerson Jorginho Azpilicueta
Luiz Rudiger
Kepa

subs from: Caballero, Alonso, Christensen, Zouma, Zappacosta, Ampadu Drinkwater, Mount, Willian, Abraham, Batshuayi

+ RLC & CHO when they return and potentially Kovacic if they sign him​

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.