Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was o
I visited Sachsenhausen in 1993, and that was harrowing enough. I’m sure Bergen-Belsen or Auschwitz are many times more troubling.
Was in Poland on a stag do type trip not too long back so didn't visit those sites (didn't feel appropriate) but will definitely be returning as harrowing as it will be.

Think I will have an additional holiday to jet off to after that to process it all me thinks......

Chelsea are doing far better than I thought they would thus far.

Still... with the likes of Rudiger and Luiz at CB, I feel that the defense is going to leak goals.

Going forward... Chelsea are a Hazard injury from huge trouble on offense.
====
I still doubt that this is a top 4 squad this year in spite of the strong start. The winter window could change my mind.

Still... with the likes of Rudiger and Luiz at CB, I feel that the defense is going to leak goals.

====
I still doubt that this is a top 4 squad this year in spite of the strong start. The winter window could change my mind.
I think you are right.. they have played some teams that have made them look good but I don't think they are there yet.

====

So which 4 teams will finish above Chelsea?

So which 4 teams will finish above Chelsea?
If Hazard stays injury free... probably you can pencil them in for top 4. Hazard out for 3-6 months... well, the usual suspects for starters (Us, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, United) plus any team happening to catch a lot of luck and have an extremely great season.

If Hazard stays injury free... probably you can pencil them in for top 4. Hazard out for 3-6 months... well, the usual suspects for starters (Us, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, United) plus any team happening to catch a lot of luck and have an extremely great season.

That's a bit unfair tbh. "I can see them missing out on top four if their best player misses 3-6 months." He's not even injured atm is he?

That's a bit unfair tbh. "I can see them missing out on top four if their best player misses 3-6 months." He's not even injured atm is he?
He's not - but it's not just Hazard. For me - it's a miracle that their CB's haven't started to gift goals. I do not trust either of them at all. I'm not sure of their keeper either - but haven't seen enough of him to be sure one way or the other.

New coach. Completely new system. New keeper. Questionable CB's. Not sure if their owner is fully committed to spend big. Overly reliant on Hazard for offense. Playing in the most competitive top league in the world. City/Liverpool shoe-ins for top 4. Spurs, Arsenal, United and Chelsea competing for 3/4.

Last edited:
He's not - but it's not just Hazard. For me - it's a miracle that their CB's haven't started to gift goals. I do not trust either of them at all. I'm not sure of their keeper either - but haven't seen enough of him to be sure one way or the other.

New coach. Completely new system. New keeper. Questionable CB's. Not sure if their owner is fully committed to spend big. Overly reliant on Hazard for offense. Playing in the most competitive top league in the world. City/Liverpool shoe-ins for top 4. Spurs, Arsenal, United and Chelsea competing for 3/4.
I haven't seen much of Kepa but his distribution seems poor but his shot stopping is impressive from such a short range. Chelsea have surprised me with their run of form but City are blowing every team out of the water, I mean look at the goal difference

Dreadful defending by Luis and Rudiger v. Spurs. Not to mention Jorginho - who is a great metronome but offers little in defense and can be man-marked out of games.

Ability to play Sarri's aggressive press lacking - Spurs had much more drive and energy throughout.

I expect that Arsenal will take 4th from Chelsea in the coming months. Sarri is doing far better with this side than I thought he would; but as constituted, it's a 5th-place side for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.