Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do people think about Christian Pulisic signing for Chelsea? - not really seen much of him but the fee does seem excessive. Maybe just a marketing ploy for the US soccer fans? I did not think Sarri would put up with that but I guess Chelsea managers are pretty transient.

Terrible message to Chelsea youngsters hoping to crack the first team though.

I can tell you right now, the Chelsea fans I know hate this move. Mostly because he's not that special as a player. I'd even argue that he's no better than Hudson-Odoi who has been at Chelsea since he was 7 years old.

He's only 20, so plenty of room to improve. I dont care about the fee as the market went bonkers a few windows ago, and bang average players go for 30 odd million now.

Overall, I don't hate the signing, but I don't love it either. Looking forward to see what Sarri can do with him.

Someone called him the Pennsylvanian Jesus Navas which I thought was rather harsh. There's something about him that reminds me more of Sterling.

Last edited:
I think Pulisic was looking very decent a couple of seasons ago, may not have kicked on as much as people were predicting but he's hardly become a bad player surely?

He's already a name, probably with image rights and whatnot, he will bring US "soccer" fans to Chelsea with him, so £60m doesn't seem that bad, not in a business sense anyway.

Decent player he may be but it doesn't seem like the position Chelsea need to strengthen in the most, with the players they already have, which seems to be an ongoing pattern for them recently. I hope they aren't just snapping players up to stop other teams strengthening, as that usually comes back to bite teams eventually. They've had some ridiculous luck with their midfield recruitment, they landed Kanté unopposed which meant they only paid £32m for him(what was the rest of the league doing?), they got Kovacic on loan when they didn't really need him(Spurs missed a trick there IMO) and Jorginho because it was tied in with the Sarri contract apparently(which should be against the rules), again when it could be argued they didn't really need him. Although Sarri would have seen that differently, I think he could easily have "made do" with Kanté.

I think Sarri will have quite an advantage in that a fair number of players will, like Guardiola, want to be coached by, were he ever have a season ticket at The Etihad, one of the international coaches who are as thick as thieves among the FOCs in CBL3! I could have been a highly paid coach but I never had a wall big enough, after I'd pinned up the posters of Johnstone, Ewing, Leivers and Trautmann, to pin up some poxy coaching badges.

I can tell you right now, the Chelsea fans I know hate this move. Mostly because he's not that special as a player. I'd even argue that he's no better than Hudson-Odoi who has been at Chelsea since he was 7 years old.

He's only 20, so plenty of room to improve. I dont care about the fee as the market went bonkers a few windows ago, and bang average players go for 30 odd million now.

Overall, I don't hate the signing, but I don't love it either. Looking forward to see what Sarri can do with him.

Someone called him the Pennsylvanian Jesus Navas which I thought was rather harsh. There's something about him that reminds me more of Sterling.

Bang average players go for £75-£90 million nowadays.

;-)

Pulisic is kind of in limbo now really. The USMNT is a fucking mess and the Chelsea move is a big one when he really just needs the right situation. I hope they loan him out to a mid-level team where he finds a manager who believes in him. Someone to coach him up like Pep does and instill some confidence as well. The Clint Dempsey generation is considered the "lost generation" of American football because it produced such little actual talent. So people care more about gutting the US Federation more than they do about actual talent produced. Kind of sad really.

Fantastic bit of business yet again for Chelsea if they get rid of that Hudson fella for 30+ mill. 18 years old and hasn't started a prem league game so far. Cant be that good so kudos' to Chelsea if they manage this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.