Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt the FA and UEFA will let one of its darlings spend over £100m on Sancho and another £100m plus on random foreign players without batting an eyelid.

Chelsea always seem to sell their youngsters for about £25m each despite having only played one league cup tie before being loaned in Holland too.

My main interest in CFC this season is in keeping Man Utd out of the top 4 which is crucial now that they are beginning to suffer in the stands.

I thought they have played some good refreshing football this season but they are dropping a lot of points. In fact with that squad they are the biggest under performing side in the Premier League. You might look at City, but what do you expect with both central defenders out. CFC have no excuse. They should be doing a lot better.

My main interest in CFC this season is in keeping Man Utd out of the top 4 which is crucial now that they are beginning to suffer in the stands.

I thought they have played some good refreshing football this season but they are dropping a lot of points. In fact with that squad they are the biggest under performing side in the Premier League. You might look at City, but what do you expect with both central defenders out. CFC have no excuse. They should be doing a lot better.

Chelsea are relying on young academy players in key areas - Tammy for goals and Mount in the #10 role plus we've had our own fair share of injuries to key players (Kante, Rudiger, Pulisic etc - and now Abraham is potentially out).

We're also forgetting that, in Lampard, we have the manager version of the academy players - he's a rookie manager who is pretty much learning on the job.

I think, taking this context into consideration, calling Chelsea the biggest under performing side is quite an impressive reach.

In most places I looked on the internet before the start of the season, including this forum, people were predicting Chelsea to finish 6th at best, based on the squad we had plus the transfer ban and Hazard leaving - with United and especially Spurs much more favoured. It's quite funny that people have now revised their original view of Chelsea's squad quality to fit a more damning narrative (I'm not having a go at you Marvin, I'm just more venting generally at people (our own Chelsea fans included) raising their expectations based on the 7 match wining streak early in the season.

Seems they are close to signing Ziyech next summer. Looking forward to see him play in the EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.