Chelsea thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

The players we have been continuously linked with are Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Dembele, Chilwell, Tagliafico, Telles and yes, Aubameyang.

If we somehow managed to secure two of Havertz and Sancho, supplemented with Telles or Tagliafico and Upamecano, that would be a genuine dream window - it remains to be seen how the pandemic impacts Chelsea's finances. It does seem unlikely that we'll spend £250m or more this summer, but it's fun to dream :)

So one of the marquee signings was indeed Timo Werner, and it looks like the other one is going to be Chilwell, though I would hope it isn't him. Blowing £85m on him would be outrageous.

I get very confused about Chelsea.

They don’t own their pitch - apparently.

They don’t own the turnstiles - apparently.

They were kept afloat last Financial year by £100m+ injection from their Owner.

The company that the company that owns the football club owes the Owner about £1.3BN ... at zero interest but repayable in full on 180 days notice - apparently

Yet they pass FFP and are planning big buys right now.

How does this work?

I jokingly said if we get 2 of Werner, Havertz and Sancho I'd be in dreamland, and here we are, Werner is just a formality and Chelsea are now reportedly all in on securing Havertz too.

I know we still need to address the defence, but we'll cross that bridge later.

The company that the company that owns the football club owes the Owner about £1.3BN ... at zero interest but repayable in full on 180 days notice - apparently

How does this work?
From what I've read they are intending a one in one out summer so expect a few sales Kante and Jorginho mentioned as 2. Not sure any team will have a large net spend this summer.

How does this work?

By not being called Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.