Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuchel should have a system for when Lukaku plays in as get it to him as quick as possible and put crosses in build a team for him! When he doesn’t play play the possession play

To be fair, they had that with Chilwell and James but they are injured. Saying that, a top coach would come up with a solution. Just like Pep dealt with our issues relating to left back, centre-half and a lack of a striker.

Tommy Tootall does not come across as a leader to me. Screams like a child on the touchline, hangs players out to dry and comes up with one excuse after another.

Tuchel should have a system for when Lukaku plays in as get it to him as quick as possible and put crosses in build a team for him! When he doesn’t play play the possession play

Don't think it helps that he's essentially stuck him up front on his own with very few players around him.

He's got to sacrifice one of the centre halves to get another attacking player on the pitch until Chilwell and James are back.

A back 5 with defensive wing backs plus Kante and Kovacic/Jorginho in midfield is far too defensive and leaves the attackers isolated.

I have no problems with pointing out that Chelsea fans have repeatedly sung antisemitic songs at Spurs for decades. That is objectively and demonstrably true and I absolute detest it. I just objected to the implication that Chelsea the club isn't sensitive to that kind of chanting when the club has done a lot over the years to combat that kind of behaviour.
Your fans also directed a lot of racist abuse at Raheem Sterling, which was hardly a one off. You come across as a decent bloke BUT you were in this forum last week saying City fans are no different to chelsea fans. We sing about empty seats and never winning at home or away, songs that take the piss out of ourselves, your fans have a large racist element, openly displayed and accepted by other chelsea fans, your fans are nothing like ours.

Last edited:
Your fans also directed a lot of racist abuse at Raheem Sterling, which was hardly a one off. You come across as a decent bloke BUT you were in this forum last week saying City fans are no different to chelsea fans. We sing about empty seats and never winning at home or away, songs tgat take the puss out of ourselves, your fans have a large racist element, openly displayed and accepted by other chelsea fans, your fans are nothing like ours.
I was talking to a few Chelsea fans in town after the game.
They all thought it was normal to call lukaku the n word.

Lukaku is just a bad footballer.

Italy Retirement League is his Level , where he can bully the old defenders

So sensitive it has festered for decades. Could the club have been any more passive about offensive chanting? Your grounds for 'objection to the implication' are pretty weak. By the way, it was not an implication, it was an accusation based on clear evidence.

The most important thing now is that the club is doing something about it. Just a shame it took so long.

I'm not going to defend the club based on the lack of action in 80's and 90's. The current ownership wasn't in place then. In the last 2 decades Chelsea have made a concerted effort to combat that kind of behaviour. They've issued statements, banning orders etc. They've had a long running antisemitic awareness campaign going back to 2009 or 2010. The idea that the club isn't sensitive to that kind of behaviour is quite frankly bullshit.

Your fans also directed a lot of racist abuse at Raheem Sterling, which was hardly a one off. You come across as a decent bloke BUT you were in this forum last week saying City fans are no different to chelsea fans. We sing about empty seats and never winning at home or away, songs tgat take the puss out of ourselves, your fans have a large racist element, openly displayed and accepted by other chelsea fans, your fans are nothing like ours.

The club dealt with that immediately and the man that abused Sterling has a lifelong ban now.

I'm sorry that you disagree. Chelsea's fanbase in its current version is no different to City, United or any other fanbase when it comes to stupid knuckleheads doing stupid things. I'm a black man and I've experienced or witnessed some form of racism at damn near every ground I've been to in my life, City included.

I’d back Pep to get him playing at the highest level.
His highest level isn't good enough for us though. He would do well at a team like Burnley who hoof it long every time. Either them or the dippers who equally like the long hoof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.