Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody should have to put up with or witness racism mate, it’s the most basic vile horrible senseless disgusting shit possible. However to say City fans are the same as chelsea fans are the same isn’t correct but I completely agree that a racist City fan is just as bad as a racist chelsea fan.

Edit, sorry I should have added, I do agree with your point that chelsea as a club have done an awful lot over the last few years to try and eradicate the racist problem at chelsea, and that is to be applauded

It's fine that you disagree with the fanbases being kind of similar generally speaking, but to me football is just a reflection of the general society and there no more racists in West London than there are in Manchester. My personal experiences factor into my belief too. I've witnessed more racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc incidents at Chelsea but that's only because I obviously frequent Chelsea 100x more than other grounds, but I'll be honest, I have never visited the Etihad and not experienced or witnessed some form of racism, whether it a silly chant made up by a group of lads outside the ground or me personally being racially abused. It's just the nature of being a minority in that kind of drunken environment.

I wasn't honestly trying to go out of my way to paint City fans in a bad light. This conversation started with me just wanting to defend Chelsea against an accusation. For the most part, the City fans I've met (and this goes for fans of other clubs too, except Milwall) have been kind, friendly and happy to have a friendly chat about the game.

Last edited:
It's fine that you disagree with the fanbases being kind of similar generally speaking, but to me football is just a reflection of the general society and there no more racists in West London than there are in Manchester. My personal experiences factor into my belief too. I've witnessed more racist, xenophobic, homophobic etc incidents at Chelsea but that's only because I obviously frequent Chelsea 100x more than other grounds, but I'll be honest, I have never visited the Etihad and not experienced or witnessed some form of racism, whether it a silly chant made up by a group of lads outside the ground or me personally being racially abused. It's just the nature of being a minority in that kind of drunken environment.

I wasn't honestly trying to go out of my way to paint City fans in a bad light. This conversation started with me just wanting to defend Chelsea against an accusation. For the most part, the City fans I've met (and this goes for fans of other clubs too, except Milwall) have been kind, friendly and happy to have a friendly chat about the game.
To be fair I wish more chelsea fans were like you. To be equally fair I wish more City fans were too

I'm not going to defend the club based on the lack of action in 80's and 90's. The current ownership wasn't in place then. In the last 2 decades Chelsea have made a concerted effort to combat that kind of behaviour. They've issued statements, banning orders etc. They've had a long running antisemitic awareness campaign going back to 2009 or 2010. The idea that the club isn't sensitive to that kind of behaviour is quite frankly bullshit.

The club's anti-hate campaigns have not worked well then have they based on high profile incidents, of which at least two that I can recall, were recent, plus continuing anti semitic abuse that continues at games against Spurs.

The club's anti-hate campaigns have not worked well then have they based on high profile incidents, of which at least two that I can recall, were recent, plus continuing anti semitic abuse that continues at games against Spurs.

It's an ongoing awareness campaign. Eradicating it is a pipedream but considering where things were in the 90's when I began frequenting the Bridge I'd say the work the club is doing is in fact working.

It's an ongoing awareness campaign. Eradicating it is a pipedream but considering where things were in the 90's when I began frequenting the Bridge I'd say the work the club is doing is in fact working.
Apologies if I’ve Graham poll’ed you with mistaken identity but aren’t you the Chelsea fan that argued with me months ago that tuchel isn’t a defensive manager?
If so given the setup you’ve played a ver the last 10 games or so would you now admit you were wrong and he is indeed a defensive whinging twat of a manager?

Apologies if I’ve Graham poll’ed you with mistaken identity but aren’t you the Chelsea fan that argued with me months ago that tuchel isn’t a defensive manager?
If so given the setup you’ve played a ver the last 10 games or so would you now admit you were wrong and he is indeed a defensive whinging twat of a manager?
Less of the "of a manager" if you don't mind.

You seem to be a bit obsessed with this mate. He isn't a defensive manager. He hasn't been one in his entire career at Mainz, Dortmund, PSG and Chelsea. In the last 10 games we've outplayed Spurs x2, Liverpool, Villa, Brentford, Everton and Wolves. We've split possession across 2 games against Brighton and then got outplayed by City.

Whether he's a whinging twat, that's up for discussion. I'm certainly not going to be looking for favourable views on that on a City forum. Just like Pep isn't viewed favourably in Chelsea, United or Liverpool circles.

You seem to be a bit obsessed with this mate. He isn't a defensive manager. He hasn't been one in his entire career at Mainz, Dortmund, PSG and Chelsea. In the last 10 games we've outplayed Spurs x2, Liverpool, Villa, Brentford, Everton and Wolves. We've split possession across 2 games against Brighton and then got outplayed by City.

Whether he's a whinging twat, that's up for discussion. I'm certainly not going to be looking for favourable views on that on a City forum. Just like Pep isn't viewed favourably in Chelsea, United or Liverpool circles.

I'm sticking my head above the parapet here and say that I like Tuchel, it's my job to pick holes out of him as a City fan but I like him. OK he whinges a bit but he always appears to have a smile on his face and he's an articulate sort.

Compare him to Bingo and it's night and day.

The biggest mistake Chelsea has made IMHO is buying the Lukaku dreadnought who couldn't gegenpresse his own packed lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.