Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it’s not like refusing to come in in a European tie…

All a bit strange from a player who has been with the club for nearly a decade. Presumably he won’t feature on Sunday and won’t receive the obligatory farewell.

Yeah it's a weird situation, and I hope something comes out to clarify his situation somewhat, otherwise the masses are left to make up their own assumptions and that isn't helping him at all.

I'm hesitant to keep discussing this because I'm fully aware that nobody on this forum will ever agree with me on this and it's been debated to death in last season's Chelsea thread and various points in this thread too and each time it ended with people either calling me names or politely agreeing to disagree.

My view is that Rudiger was trying to cynically foul KDB by body checking him worthy of no more than a yellow card. Those kinds of cynical fouls happen in almost every game. He was not trying to hurt him and KDB's subsequent injury was purely accidental. Nothing close to Aguero vs David Luiz levels of assault.
You can have the Aguero one or maybe two or three
All the games I’ve seen him. There’s only one player who makes him self destruct.

seemed to start in the semi final. I thought he was off. Everyone did.

It's just your point of view and we all have them, but how would you have felt if Fernandinho had levelled Konte and he was badly injured and went off and missed some of your next season but Fernandinho only got a yellow and then City had gone on to win?

It depends on the incident. If it's exactly the same as the Rudiger/KDB one, I doubt my view would change. If Fernandinho took out Kante the way Keita took out Chalobah in the other final, yeah I'd have a problem with that. What it comes down to is the fact that I genuinely believe Rudiger was just trying to stop KDB from advancing up the pitch and that KDB's injury was just really unlucky and purely accidental.

If I believed Fernandinho accidentally took out Kante, there's no chance I'd hold it against him.

You can have the Aguero one or maybe two or three
All the games I’ve seen him. There’s only one player who makes him self destruct.

seemed to start in the semi final. I thought he was off. Everyone did.

Yeah a couple of very spicy moments between Aguero and David Luiz. The semifinal one was the worst one he did probably. I still really like him though haha :)

I'm hesitant to keep discussing this because I'm fully aware that nobody on this forum will ever agree with me on this and it's been debated to death in last season's Chelsea thread and various points in this thread too and each time it ended with people either calling me names or politely agreeing to disagree.

My view is that Rudiger was trying to cynically foul KDB by body checking him worthy of no more than a yellow card. Those kinds of cynical fouls happen in almost every game. He was not trying to hurt him and KDB's subsequent injury was purely accidental. Nothing close to Aguero vs David Luiz levels of assault.
I agree. Rudiger definitely didn’t mean to do what ended up being the outcome. He tried to obstruct him by body checking him. The injury sustained was was an unfortunate incidental outcome.

Just need a Dennis Wise fronted consortium to save them now. I hear he is on his way in a Taxi.

I agree. Rudiger definitely didn’t mean to do what ended up being the outcome. He tried to obstruct him by body checking him. The injury sustained was was an unfortunate incidental outcome.

That's true of plenty of red card challenges though. I don't think most players are trying to injure their opponents, but if they do through recklessness, especially if they make no attempt to play the ball, then they should be sent off.

If you mis-time a tackle and break someone's ankle you'll be sent off, regardless of intent. Rüdiger messed up a bodycheck and broke De Bruyne's face, it's exactly the same situation

Best possible outcome for Chelsea is that somehow the deal falls apart, the special licence is extended, the war and sanctions end and Abramovich gets to cling onto the club.

Any American owners will send them into the same dead-end that United and Arsenal find themselves in and that the horrible cult will also find themselves in once the psychopath leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.