Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best possible outcome for Chelsea is that somehow the deal falls apart, the special licence is extended, the war and sanctions end and Abramovich gets to cling onto the club.

Any American owners will send them into the same dead-end that United and Arsenal find themselves in and that the horrible cult will also find themselves in once the psychopath leaves
I thought that a few months ago but doesn't seem realistic now.

The licence until the end of May was clearly as the season ends then so I didn't think that was a crucial deadline, however if things don't get resolved in the next 6-8 weeks I don't see them in the PL next season. I can see a deadline being given come the end of the month.

Best possible outcome for Chelsea is that somehow the deal falls apart, the special licence is extended, the war and sanctions end and Abramovich gets to cling onto the club.

Any American owners will send them into the same dead-end that United and Arsenal find themselves in and that the horrible cult will also find themselves in once the psychopath leaves

I'm not sure. I was kinda looking forward to the Boehly era. I'd felt we had kind of plateaued in the league. No challenge whatsoever since 2017. That's 5 seasons. Yeah we might win the odd cup competition but we are miles off the kind of organisation, structure and scouting shown by City and Liverpool. Boehly and his group will, I hope, modernise the way we do things and I was very hopeful that if you hand the club over to great data and football analytical minds, they could build a great side.

I'm not sure. I was kinda looking forward to the Boehly era. I'd felt we had kind of plateaued in the league. No challenge whatsoever since 2017. That's 5 seasons. Yeah we might win the odd cup competition but we are miles off the kind of organisation, structure and scouting shown by City and Liverpool. Boehly and his group will, I hope, modernise the way we do things and I was very hopeful that if you hand the club over to great data and football analytical minds, they could build a great side.
Can you genuinely see him investing into the club the way Abramovich has though? I can’t personally

I thought that a few months ago but doesn't seem realistic now.

The licence until the end of May was clearly as the season ends then so I didn't think that was a crucial deadline, however if things don't get resolved in the next 6-8 weeks I don't see them in the PL next season. I can see a deadline being given come the end of the month.
Would be a very sad day for football if it came to that

Can you genuinely see him investing into the club the way Abramovich has though? I can’t personally

Probably not, but would they need to? They are getting a vastly different football club than the one Abramovich took over 20 years ago. They just need to run the club smarter and more efficiently to build on what Abramovich has already created.

The way Roman spent came with a lot of wasted resources. My hope is that we limit those expensive transfer mistakes and move forward in a different way completely, and Boehly has often spoken about how sports data and analytics is crucial to putting the best team on the pitch. That's a good enough selling point for me.

Last edited:
So let me get this right? I'm happy to be corrected.

The Chelsea takeover has to be signed off by the EU as Abromovich is an EU Citizen. However they have sanctioned him. But they are going to sign off the deal on "Humanitarian grounds"

What the actual fuck?

So let me get this right? I'm happy to be corrected.

The Chelsea takeover has to be signed off by the EU as Abromovich is an EU Citizen. However they have sanctioned him. But they are going to sign off the deal on "Humanitarian grounds"

What the actual fuck?

It's been signed and sealed mate.

I haven't really read the statements made by the UK gov and the EU gov person, as I mentally checked out of this drawn out process a while ago, but I suppose if they're all satisfied they have received guarantees that not a penny will go into an account controlled by or accessed by Roman or any of his associates, then there is nothing left to talk about.

The money will go into an escrow account until such a time where it has been decided how to allocate it. Chelsea are separate from that process. If Roman wants to contest these funds again, Chelsea will no longer be impacted and our role in this political and humanitarian fight is done.

Reactions: mat
Purely in terms of football ownership, ignoring all the poltical stuff, you'd be hard pressed to find better football owners out there.
Seriously? Ignoring the first team for now, you should take a trip "oop north" and see how HRH has regenerated a (let's be honest here) pretty grim/shitty* part of Manchester. I seriously doubt that Abramovich has done anywhere near the same around your neighbourhood. The difference in the area around the stadium compared to may 2008 is incredible.

*delete as per your preference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.