Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with literally everything you've said.

We have to accept this one and take it on the chin. We now have a run of 6 very winnable games, so hopefully we can go into flat track bully mode.

Tuchel is one of those coaches who learns and adapts, so hopefully he will have learnt a lot and the game at the Etihad will be very different.
Should be a cracker that! 15th January

Park the bus
Park the bus
Thomas Tuchel
Park the bus
Park the bus I say
Park the bus
Park the bus
Thomas Tuchel
Playing football the Mourinho way

Champions League
Champions League
We are Chelsea
Champions League
Champions League I say
Champions League
Champions League
We are Chelsea
Winning Champions League's the Chelsea way :)

Champions League
Champions League
We are Chelsea
Champions League
Champions League I say
Champions League
Champions League
We are Chelsea
Winning Champions League's the Chelsea way :)
Surely you can’t be happy with that performance today? You were more defensive that Wycombe were against us.

Akinfenwa was more effective than Lukaku too!

Surely you can’t be happy with that performance today? You were more defensive that Wycombe were against us.

Akinfenwa was more effective than Lukaku too!

Of course I wasn't. I was very frustrated and annoyed but I've also accepted that City were was just unreal today.

Of course I wasn't. I was very frustrated and annoyed but I've also accepted that City were was just unreal today.
Fair enough. It really surprised me how defensively you set up. Lose the midfield battle against us and it’ll be a long afternoon for anyone.

Losing James didn’t help you though.

What has Tuchel said to Rudiger and Azpuillicueta to make them so aggressive/borderline OTT?

They got taught a footballing lesson today, we had close to our best side out (gundogan would be in it) played our best style against strong opposition which is our high intensity pressing game and dominated them to the point it was almost cruel. We showed we are by far the best side in the country. However, they don't have to play us every week. They only have to play us once more his season.

Who else can you see in the league doing that to them? They've played Liverpool away with 10 men and handled that fine, United aren't going to dominate them they'll play even more counter attacking than what Chelsea could. Its like when we used to struggle with liverpools press in Peps early years, it wasn't a huge problem because they were the only side capable of doing it to us, and we're the only side capable of keeping chelsea that quiet and not allowing them a shot target.

Against lesser sides, they're built to be ruthlessly efficient both in defence and attack. They have a very solid foundation and have multiple ways to score goals in games. They'll do very well despite this reality check for them and I still think they'll be our biggest threat.
We have to be at our best to beat them. There isn't another club in the PM you can say that about. I think Tuchel will learn but as long as we can replicate that form then I would take us to beat them 4 out of 5 times. We cant afford to throw silly points away as my guess is that they will be on our tail all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.